LAN support?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by LedZeppelin, April 21, 2010.

1. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

Will this game be playable on system link?
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

You can plan on a LAN but you need to be connected to Xbox Live.
  3. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

You mean I need to be connected to XBL because the game is downloadable only, or I need to be connected after I've downloaded it to play a system link game?

Also, will there be custom games support in this game? I would assume so...
  4. neutrino

I'm not sure why you would assume that custom games are an automatic. Currently they aren't supported. Keep in mind that we intend to continue to support this title though and if custom games are important to people I'm sure we'll get that feedback. Part of the reason that the forum exists is to allow people to give their opinions on these issues.
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I would like to hereby officially request custom games for the PC version. We can't play mods otherwise, right?

PS: Neutrino, pls check your PMs... ;)
  6. neutrino

7. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

hmm, this is an interesting prospect, LAN would be fun definitely but having to able to connect to XBLA to have to link would be a bit of a downer since a lot of the time people link because they don't have live around
  8. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

What would we play on a system link connection if custom games aren't supported?
  9. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I hereby officially support this request
  10. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

Not to mention LAN/system link connection is way better than a live connection
  11. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Is it possible to connect to another Xbox directly while being connected to the internet/Live? Perhaps there is some confusion on the terms being used. When I hear LAN, I think of System Link. Custom Games could refer to games through system link, splitscreen, or Live as in Modern Warfare 2's "Private Match".

Could we maybe get some clarification and/or uber-secret details from a dev?
  12. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Split-screen and LAN/system link have been forgotten options in todays console games, Now if you want to play with another console on the same network you have to both have xbox live and play an online match together.

But MNC is going to have split-screen so thats good.
  13. Unreal

Unreal New Member

Sadly this is true... but fortunately so is the last bit :)

Not that i'll probly see much of use of it anyways seeing as i have no one to play with locally, i just really like to see game developers keep the offline gamers in mind mostly because i was one of them and i didn't really have a choice. Haven't even had decent gaming capable internet for a year now.
  14. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

QFT.
  15. LedZeppelin

LedZeppelin New Member

For XBLA games, but not Halo, GoW, Shadowrun, etc...

I'd really hope that MNC at least has custom games that can be played online, with the option to play them on system link with your buddies at a LAN party
  16. neutrino

Split screen is basically the replacement for this stuff. I'm completely willing to look at any statistics that you have about this stuff but our feeling is that this would mostly go unused. Keep in mind we are a very small dev house and we have to pick our battles.
    This also isn't a full priced title, I'm very proud of the amount of stuff we've packed into the game for the price!
  17. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Just for clarification, splitscreen is currently the only way of playing other than matchmaking via XBox Live? Or does splitscreen still use matchmaking to find a game, kinda like how splitscreen players on Halo are guests unless they have their own account?

Also, will there be AI for players, not just bots? Essentially, are local games possible or do you have to use matchmaking to play a game?
  18. neutrino

If you want to play against other players in Crossfire you have to use matchmaking. It's looking likely that we are going to support private games as well.

If you want to play local blitz games then you can play by yourself or splitscreen locally.
  19. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

The latter. You can play split screen and then go online.
  20. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

FYI we did end up getting Private matches in. It was close though! :)