Non Playing Host

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by xxxScorpion, September 26, 2010.

1. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Yeah can we get a auto kick for an idle host please?

Amazingly I've gotten into "DoubleAce41"s games quite a bit but for the last few days the dudes just been afk hosting more or less getting wins and cash which isn't the reason for my complaining but more over that we're down a teammate.

Note- I did a two second search so crucify me if I'm beating a dead pro.
  2. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Dude, I love DoubleAce's game. He never leaves, and has a good connection. That is more than worth being down a player.

And hey, sometimes he even plays!
  3. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

I have to admit you have me there.

It's like a dedicated server with a downside for one team and even so my team usually wins.
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

technically isnt the team with the host privilege down a man? so instead of having someone who has a good bonus over everyone else, there is just a team with a slight handicap.
  5. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

So you want to kick him and go through the unbearable "host migration" process?
  6. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Ideally, when this were to happen the host migration problems would be fixed.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If there is one thing I despise about multiplayer gaming is being down players.
  8. ASH

ASH Member

Non playing hosts need to be dealt with immediately.
    I'm running into them all the time now.

If they're not playing then they need to go.
    Please implement some kind of auto-kick to boot these people.
    Last edited: September 29, 2010
  9. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I'd honestly rather have a host that won't leave after getting destroyed over and over again.

Handicap matches increase your skill (but sometimes the frustration also). But it is kinda lame that some people are milking the system.
  10. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Most matches are already handicapped with do nothing randoms walking around. If the host is on your team it's even more of a hindrance.
  11. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE New Member

The fire part of your post is great.

Lets be serious. Unless you go in with a party of 6 there is a good chance that you are already down a player or two because of those do nothing randoms.

With that said. Until they fix the server issues. I would rather have an idle host and great connection then a crap connection.

On the bright side if you go against an idle host with a full 6 you dont have to worry about the host rage quiting cause he's not there anyway :p
  12. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I've ran into him as well on multiple occasions doing this. I actually was going to suggest the same thing.