Tank's deploy is USEFUL?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Im Hudson, September 28, 2010.

1. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

We all know Tank's deploy is probably his most lack luster skill. After unlocking 1000 charge kills last night, Rev suggested that I max deploy just for the hell of it.

I jumped in between 2 lazer blazers and bots, and was utterly amazed to watch my juice meter shoot up to 50% from zero in about 5 seconds.

Yes folks, the tank gains juice from TAKING DAMAGE in deploy.

It astounds me that I never knew this. Tank's Deploy actually might be worthwhile now in some builds.
  2. Red Shift

Red Shift New Member

Heh, saw you doing this when I played with ya earlier tonight. Anyhow, this is news to me, but then again I don't play tank much. Sounds useful if you can avoid getting blown away before you get a chance to get any juice out of it.
  3. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

How fast do you think the Juice would build up if you deployed while getting pounded by a Long Shot? Then you might be able to do it in relative safety.
  4. Reltsirk

Reltsirk New Member

sounds like im going to be jumping in front of a few turrets for the hell of it and trying that out.
  5. elfinke

elfinke New Member

I have noticed this before, but in pub games I can never find a tactic where it is useful beyond curiosity or testing.

However, there have been times where I and a support have semi-abused this. While I take the shots from a LazBlaz turret or some bots, (even a Jackbot), I have had a Support throw me some heals while I deploy in front of said targets and rapidly gain some Juice.

So I think while it's an excellent and powerful ability, it's still too situational to be useful in night-to-night pub gaming.
  6. ChaRaa

ChaRaa New Member

This should be very powerful for an organized team. :shock:
  7. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Yeah it was some intense stuff tonight, we found out a lot of stuff :D

Just gotta look out for my shurikens hudson ;D
  8. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Yeah, my strategy against all face grabbing assassins has changed now JUST because you got that damn S-Launcher kill on me last night. We'll see if it works on you the next time we get split. :p
  9. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

The guys who made the game seem to think the best part of the deploy for the tank is a super quick heal power. Deploy heal, undeploy. I've really only seen about two people use it in this fashion (and they were decent), but it is a rather nice perk that you get juice as well.
  10. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I think i only pulled that off because you were in our base/distracted, now everytime i try i get a fat guy in my face D:

Gotta admit that's a pretty legit strategy though.
  11. Rolo

Rolo New Member

I use it all the time tbh, and it's has saved me tons, has also let me hold the lanes open until backup pushers arrive. Great skill imo, getting juice from taking damage while deployed reminds me of certain tank classes in some of the popular MMORPGs.
  12. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Interesting. I'll have to play with that a bit.
  13. MzAerie

MzAerie New Member

I've recently started playing Tank exclusively, and I have to say I'm impressed with the Deploy ability. Not only did I just discover the health regeneration but with lvl 3 Deploy, the Tank's weapons reload themselves every two seconds.
  14. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I've been using it lately to jet pack on top of the glass walls on most maps and deploying while juiced to rail gun down the money ball. Not being able to be crowd controlled is the best aspect of deploy.