Assassin Guide ( from one of the best )

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE, September 23, 2010.

1. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE New Member

Ok so let me begin by saying that I have not currently been online due to some real life issues and hope to be back soon.

You can find me on top of the list on Sudden Death Blitz with a round of 2005. ( I'll be going over strat for that in another post ) I can also be found in the top of many other ratings.

Ok so first things first. My Favorite class : The Assassin

All this stuff i c about ppl running armor as gold is a waste. Your job as an assassin is to kill and destroy QUICKLY not survive. If the rest of your team plays there roll then you dont have to worry about staying alive.
    With that said my assassin endorsements are as follows :

Gold : Rate of Fire
    Silver : Armor
    Bronze : Crit shot ( this one is just preference the other two are a must )

Rate of fire because when it comes time to destroy that turret or money ball you want to swing fast. If its a turret your life depends on putting damage out very quick and rate of fire helps you do that.

Armor because nobody likes to die. Silver armor gives you a lil extra health and makes your over all ability to survive go up.

Crit shot is just preference of mine but its nice to get that crit shot on that gunner or tank thats giving you problems every now n then.

Ok so thats the endorsements. Next on the list is skills.

There are two ways of doing assassin skills. One is for quick wins and one is for kills. Ill start with my favorite, Wins.

So if i want a quick win my upgrades are as follows. From the start i upgrade to assassin 2 sprint 2. I leave base in full sprint with objective of getting to enemy base as quickly as possible. DO NOT cloak as soon as you drop out of your base. You wont see any enemies until at least half way to enemy base.

Ok so i get to there base and first thing i do is observe. See if that annoying support is camping base over healing turrets and what not. If he is I take him out with a grapple from behind. And proceed to destroy what ever turrets i can. Those lvl 1 rocket turrets are cake to take out with ROF gold. simply smoke ball and hold down the right trigger. You should be able to take it out just before dying.

After taking one of the rocket turrets out I immediately back track towards my own base to take out all enemy bots on one side and any enemies who get in the way. With the lane clear for my teams bots and one rocket turret down seconds later the money ball should drop.

Luckily for me my buddy Demon405 is a beast gunner. So while i'm destroying money ball he picks off any body trying to stop me. It is so easy to get juice as an assassin so with in 5 seconds or so of hitting money ball you will have juice. Burn the juice IMMEDIATELY on the money ball. With out interference from enemy a gold ROF assassin can solo take out the money ball in 15 seconds 20 tops.
    EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ! If you want quick wins. NEVER upgrade to assassin 3. For some reason you do more damage to money ball as assassin 2 then assassin 3.
    Oh and another important thing to remember. Air strikes make distinctive sounds. If your not sure if its friendly or enemy the best thing to do is just back off a second wait for it to explode then proceed to demolish that money ball.

If for some reason you die while attacking money ball just buy juice on way back up and finish the job.

Next skill set is for kills.

Upgrade to assassin 2 and go pick off what ever players you can. WHEN EVER possible TAUNT AFTER EVERY KILL ! Switch to your shurikens to do so as it is much faster then dagger taunt.

Upgrade to assassin 3 soon as you have enough money. Then go with cloak 2 sprint 2 cloak 3 sprint 3 smoke bomb 2. In that order.

Few tips for getting kills. If your grapple from behind its instant kill on every class except tank. There are a few easy ways to kill tanks but im not going over that now. Dont forget that you have a very powerful lunge. So if you cant seem to get behind the enemy a lunge grapple from the front is usually lethal.

Snipers and tanks are assassins worst nightmare. Tanks have a crapload of health and in most situation should be avoided. Snipers lvl 3 ice trap is a major pain. Snipers are much easier to deal with. if you get caught in the ice and are not close enough to sword damage switch to shurikens and take em out n a clip and a half. another use full tactic for snipers is smoke ball jumping right on top of them to grapple.

Sorry for all the grammar mistakes. But these are basic assassin strats. Hope they are helpful :)
  2. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Actually, the shurikens do more damage to the moneyball than the dagger/sword, just wanted to add that. And i think the gold and silver do need to be armor and rof, but it's a judgement call of which should be what.
  3. iCatastrophe408

iCatastrophe408 New Member

Mine is a bit different. But some of your tips I agree with.
    Endorsements:
    GOLD: Armor
    SILVER: ROF (Rate Of Fire)
    BRONZE: Speed

GOLD ARMOR: Due to getting cross damage when running across action or any turrets or fire bases without being alert (if not cloaked)
    SILVER ROF: Same as you but silver so not as fast.
    BRONZE SPEED: To attack something quick & get out.

But Im also thinking about changing my stuff around I dunno.
    Assassin does get juice very quickly which is why I sometimes use assassin at beg. to get quick money to kill bots or rush supports/snipers. Though I usually upgrade to get the sword/katana (assassin 3) 1st. Then I upgrade my speed to 3. Which makes me run across the map faster & get around killing bots & getting lots of assists. I dont upgrade anything else. Though I didnt know the smoke bomb effected turrets. I might start using that more. I usually do smoke bomb after a grapple kill to get away faster & unseen so people dont know where I go.
  4. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I usually upgrade passive to 3 dash to 2, and cloak to 3 if the situation calls for it, every now and then i'll go to bomb2 for the bit of defense and recharge boost
  5. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

I use
    Gold: Rate of Fire
    Silver: Accuracy
    Bronze: Armor

The rate of fire makes Shurikens easier to use and the Accuracy makes those shurikens hit the target a lot more often. I've noticed that Bronze armor kinda sucks so I might switch Armor and Accuracy around.

I usually upgrade Cloak and Passive to start out then upgrade cloak again. From that point on I rarely upgrade anything else (Maybe the sword if I have a bunch of extra cash, which happens often). I take out pretty much any turret with Shurikens, summon a ton of Gremlins, and run around for the occasion assassination. I'm not a big fan of running around for assassinations because I tend to have lag issues. Most of my grapples are heavily delayed and sometimes hit the front when I was behind them. My strat will probably change up come patch time.
  6. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Did you write an entire Assassin guide without mentioning Gremlins?

This one time, I spawned 3-4 waves of Gremlins against a Support-heavy team. Almost all the Gremlins teamed up into a Support-eating, metallic ball of titters and death. I got 3 kills and 4-5 assists. It was sublime.
  7. iCatastrophe408

Ive done that it was pretty beast! <3
  8. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

All i can say to that is....... lol
  9. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

I've tested ROF Silver along with Crit Bronze and for about 5 clips of shuiriken ammo there were about two crit shots. It's been awhile since I tested so it may not be exact but I don't believe having Crit on Bronze has any significant impact. (What you run with is fine I'm just stating what I saw)

Edit- Staying alive = keeping juice gained and kill streaks

Seems rather worth it to me to have gold armor.
  10. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I laughed too, shurikens just go where you tell them to XD

What you do, get bacon, get juiced, your clip size is like 30 XD
  11. Len

Len New Member

Maybe I'm just getting unlucky, but whenever I juice as an assassin, the bar doesn't disappear, and so after the juice runs out, I can't tell how filled up the bar is, so I don't know when I'm getting close to juice again. Is this happening to anyone else?
  12. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Happens to everyone

Just open your skill pick and it will drain away
  13. StreetRx925

StreetRx925 New Member

Something i would like to add to this topic that I havent seen in any assassin threads at all. The assassins melee ability performed by clicking the right joystick in is the most forgotten move of all assassin players. This move can be used in combos with both your swing and lunge attacks and is quite useful when you have already played your other cards in a duel and are waiting for your skills/abilities to recharge.
  14. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

Not forgotten but in MOST situations its useless which is why it is never mentioned.
  15. iCatastrophe408

The melee attacks arent not great so I say about 95% of people dont use it at all or dont know about it lol.
  16. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

it's called the assassin's 6th taunt
  17. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

I actually switched around Armor and Accuracy now. But, I like to pick off gunners, tanks and turrets from a distance. But don't tell me that shurikens are accurate cause a lot of them veer off to the left or right when I'm firing away.
  18. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Oh definately they do, but they all go to the same area, it's not like any other gun where they'll just go random places.

Oh, and adressing the melee thing, it's actually somewhat useful, me and Bolt were killing people a lot with it
  19. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Hes stuck in a trap, get him!

-Commence double melee spam-

:lol:
  20. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

SMG + Foot = WIN