Most Overpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 23, 2010.

?

What is the most overpowered class?

1. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Assault

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Gunner

53 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Support

155 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Sniper

92 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

111 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

yeah, bro.
  2. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I see this discussion is on track! :lol:
  3. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Why yes, we are hits with the ladies usually, assassins back stab me constantly.
  4. EdSoulman

EdSoulman New Member

5. wakkydude

wakkydude New Member

Good points, but is putting one right outside the opponent's base for the sole purpose of getting kills supporting?
  6. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Anyone who is really good at this game can do the same thing with just about any class. I do it all the time as a gunner. Does that make him overpowered? My friend can lock down huge areas as a sniper, does that make him OP? My assassin friend can eliminate anyone who tries to make a forward push, does that make him OP?

Just because you've seen a guy hack his turret and hold it for a long time doesn't mean his class is broken. It probably means your team was inexperienced and disorganized.

Why is camping bad for every class except snipers? That's quite unfair if you ask me.
  7. DemonDiz

DemonDiz New Member

Good question. It depends on where it was when you say 'outside the base'. If it literally wasn't in range of a single bot and the only way Pros die from it is if they go to where it is, then no, they're not supporting a thing.

...And how'd they get it right outside of the base? That usually implies that your team was losing anyway.
  8. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

regarding this tactic, I usually put my firebase right outside the enemy base at a point where it can overlook both lanes. Usually have to hack it to make it able to reach both but that's why I always buy hack 2 right off the bat :3

Unless the enemy pros knock it out or I forget to hack it every now and then it basically shuts down both lanes for the enemy :D
  9. wakkydude

wakkydude New Member

It's especially exploitable in Steel Peel, on the platforms outside each spawn. Once you start getting near the big helmet spawn thing that's too far.
  10. Goose

Goose Active Member

I don't know what you consider supporting, but having a turret pointing at the enemy's base seems to Support a whole lot. It can potentially take away an entire access point for bots and pros. The Support is a combo of The Engineer and the Medic from TF2. The medic supports and the Engi does his thing.
  11. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

Yes. They would be supporting they're team in making an offensive move or a strong push. If your support is any good, he can take out the firebase. Now, if the other teams support is any good, they'll place the firebase in a spot that can be airstriked. Which means your tank or assassin needs to blind the turret and take it out, or your gunner needs to mortar it.

Rock, paper, scissors.
  12. Rolo

Rolo New Member

I voted balanced. I've played all the classes, a few more than others, and every time I pick a class, I always run into a good player who can counter it. I think player skill isn't balanced to be honest. I don't care how good you think a class is, or how OP it is. Another good player will counter you eventually. Balance the player skill and leave the classes alone IMO.
  13. mute

mute New Member

IMO, the support complaints are unwarrented.. I dont want to be one of the people that says "learn the game" but umn....

I voted balanced, but when I play Sniper, I even say to myself often how unfair the Ice Traps are.. they should either be 1) easier to see (like the Assaults bomb), or 2) nerfed SLIGHTLY timing wise, so you can't throw as many down at one time and then consecutively following as they are triggered. You laugh when you are doing it as a Sniper, but when you are on the recieving end.. other than the Assassin glitch, there is nothing that will piss you off more and make you want to stop playing.
  14. usrevenge

usrevenge New Member

sniper, assassin, Gunner, sometimes support...
    assault is fine ( nerf charge damage though) and tank is ok

snipers have easy 1hit cause of how easy headshots are, assassins get juice and its like LOL all ur turrets are dead.
    gunner is effective at all ranges vs all classes that arnt sniper basicly. then close range can kill anything.

support is OP because in almost all situation he can do somthing to tick others off.
    vs assassins shotgun hit = dead usually
    zomg a sniper... Airstrike below him
    gunner are somewhat easy to stick with airstrike
    firebase >all when not in the open
  15. Goose

Goose Active Member

Terrible arguments.

I shouldn't have to explain.
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Terrible argument!
  17. Goose

Goose Active Member

I wasn't arguing anything. That was the point of my post. :roll:
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

My point exactly.

:roll:
  19. Goose

Goose Active Member

I think we came to an understanding somehow.
  20. sebastiannz

sebastiannz New Member

I would really like to see global stats on how many kills, assists, and dollars each class has got before I say anything :) I bet Uber has these stats.

My gut feeling is assassin is the most played and support has the most kills. But I don't think there is any major difference in terms of $$, which is the most important stat - right?