Updates

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Bigpapa360, April 10, 2010.

1. Bigpapa360

Bigpapa360 New Member

I was wondering something. The thing that makes PC games succeed while the same game on the console fail (TF2) is the lack of ability to update the game easily, quickly, and free. I was wondering if there were a way to set up an inner network where you could update the game more easily than going through Microsoft for every update no matter how small?
  2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Maybe a half yearly update/map pack would be good.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I think Mr. Gates would probably have something to say about that. Isn't the whole point of the Xbox that Microsoft controls everything?
  4. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

5. Bigpapa360

Bigpapa360 New Member

Well I just think that it lets a company keep close to the players as well as being able to make updates and such. I'm not sure about the specifics of how it could be done but I think that if it could be done it would be beneficial.
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well, obviously...
  7. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I can't comment directly on how other companies choose to support their titles post release but I can say that there are many business demands on any company outside of a single game that are in play.
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I hope this is a subtle way of saying you guys are working on another game. :)