Is it rage quitting?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by bdcjacko, September 13, 2010.

1. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Is it rage quitting when there is terrible lag, and you (playing as say a gunner) just unloaded a mini gun into an assassin running right into you, and she ends up killing you with a back-stab 3 or 4 times in a row?
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

No, that's "I can't play effectively due to lag" quitting. I do it in matches where the lag makes continuing pointless. If you're not having fun, then find a new match w/o lag.
  3. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

That is what I was guessing.
  4. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

If you don't think its rage quitting, then its not. Its that simple. You dont need approval from other people to back out of a game where the lag is so bad you can't hit any shots on people moving straight toward you.
  5. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

I'm just trying to get a ragequitting debate started.
  6. Wooglin

Wooglin New Member

The other day I was gunnering it up and I killed a tank five times in a row. (He kept coming right at me for some reason.) He immediately quit after the fifth death. I think that was a ragequit.
  7. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Maybe he was lagging and he didn't see you till after he was already dead. Now, it is his own fault for coming up the same way every time, if that was the case.
  8. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

See, This makes you Very mad, and if you leave, Yeah, that's rage quitting, just Not in a failure manner it's in a FUCKIN LAG manner
  9. Wooglin

Wooglin New Member

I should have been more clear: We were in a shootout every time. I don't know why he kept going up against me in the exact same spot where I had the advantage.
  10. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Why would you do that exactly? It seems about a good idea as trying to get some road rage going in 5 o'clock traffic.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

first thing i do when i join a game is test out lag, if its to much for my liking, i will leave 80% of the time, purely because if i get juice i run in shooting unload 2 clips into someone and they live and end up killing me as im running back when juice is almost out, i will get pissed..
  12. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

I'll only quit in game if the lag is too bad. Or if someone exploiting a glitch of sorts. Not Rage quitting, just avoiding teh lag/glitchers Quitting.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Only the last person left in a game can quit without it being called a ragequit.
  14. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Somehow I knew that. No matter how legitimate the reason is you have to quit.
  15. Ke77e

Ke77e New Member

Actually its fairly easy to define the rage quitter: someone who can not accept defeat and will prefer avoiding the real issue, rather than being confronted with it.

In human words: someone who prefers to quit rather than to loose.

It is however a shady zone between:
    - quitting because you loose/get killed all the time
    - quitting because it is just impossible to continue the game in a normal way (lag)

Personally, I do quit when the lag is so bad that even moving around the arena is troublesome (falling into oblivion all of a sudden because of some strange shifting due to lag). I don't consider this ragequitting, I call this common sense.
    On the other hand, when the lag still does allow you to move and act "ok-ish" for most of the time, I stay. Even if other players are more lag-proof than I am. It is also a skill that needs training.

This being said I think a large number of XBOXlive members seem to lack the decency to stay in a game that does not suffer from lag just because they can't stand losing.

Why are they playing anyway?

I find satisfaction by learning from my mistakes. Allthough I don't like losing - no sane person does- I don't get angry to the point that I let 11 players down just because I just can't handle myself.

It is like a worldwide disease: not being able to admit that you fell short. Has a large part of the world become deficint? How do those people expect to become good at something? By seeking satisfaction by killing noobs? That does not make sense right?

MNC is a great game, although it has its flaws and supports do get on my nerves, so if you can't stand losing: get over it or stop annoying people who do want to improve their skills.

Oh my god I sound like the old man I am...

Anyway ragequitters annoy me like they annoy everybody else and especially when they provoke a migrate host Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
    Last edited: September 16, 2010
  16. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

The word your looking for is lose, not loose. Lose is the opposite of win, loose is the opposite of tight. Sorry, it was just annoying me, not to be a grammar nazi.
  17. Ke77e

Ke77e New Member

Not offended, I can take it... and correct it :D
  18. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Good, just remember after you beat your mom at a game, you might yell, "Haha! You lose!!!" And she might be a little annoyed. But if you yell, "Haha! You loose!!!" Your dad will beat you up.
  19. Ke77e

Ke77e New Member

That is why you should always be in a better shape than your dad! Always :mrgreen:
  20. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

i test out lag by chargeing when assault or tank or lunging when assassin