Assassins and Skill Recovery

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by cipe, September 14, 2010.

1. cipe

cipe New Member

I am wondering if skill recovery effects assassinate. I only have 10k, so i cant test it myself (though i played before with a friend just not on my gamertag). Before the omgwtfnoob or use search function, i used the search and found a few saying it does and a few saying it doesnt.
  2. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I had a second controller grapple a jackbot with the base class (which has skill recovery 1) while another one with an Assasin with gold skill recovery grappled another. They refreshed at pretty much the same time.

Unless the difference between the two endorsement levels are just very small for the Assasin's grapple, I'm certain skill recovery endorsements do not affect the recharge time for her grapples.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think another thread mentioned that endorsements only affect assassination cooldown if you have level 3 passive (the sword)
  4. Vuther

Vuther New Member

Well, damn, now I want to try that!
  5. Silentblade4289

Silentblade4289 New Member

This is true. Skill recovery will effect your grapple cooldown if you have level 3 passive.

Another poster tested it out and came up with the following results.

No endorsement-15 sec cooldown
    Bronze-12 sec cooldown
    Silver-11.2 sec cooldown
    Gold-9.8 sec cooldown

This can be found Here
  6. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Obviously a glitch because it benefits the Assassin. It will likely be filtered out in the second patch.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

or you could say it's a glitch against the assassin that the endorsements don't work with the dagger
  8. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

that would imply positive intent, which I don't believe, hence the joke in the first place.
  9. TheRealBowser

TheRealBowser New Member

Regardless skill recovery seems pretty amazing for assassins. I hate waiting on cloak to recharge, and I depend on it a lot. Whether or not the sword thing is a glitch, it's good to know and I will definitely continue abusing skill recovery on my assassin!
  10. drunken feedle

drunken feedle New Member

assassins are the best jackbot killers from behind
    though it takes 2