I am trying to will this game onto the PC

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by folksingingrobot, September 7, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Wow, so much resentment for PC gamers here... :D

Of course MNC should be ported on the PC, I think it would do very well. Controls and balance need to be adjusted but I don't see why it shouldn't work. DotA and TF2 are both outstanding PC games/mods but MNC's gameplay is different, fresh and interesting.

I think you are just afraid that Uber will be very successful on the PC and will stop supporting the Xbox version. I don't see that happening because Uber already has plans for the Xbox version and they will most likely implement them before they would release a PC version.
  2. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Well with a staff level of around 16 they don't really have resources to spare.
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I play both 360 and PC. I don't care either way. I get the games I want that are on either platform.

Fact is, mouse and keyboard is and always will be a better input method than a controller for shooters. This is a generally accepted fact.

Microsoft decided against inegrating 360 and GFWL matchmaking because PC players always outperformed console players. Don't believe me? Google it.
  4. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Well that's pretty much a common fact going back forever. No one needs to look that up to know that :lol:

It's not that the players are better either it's a controller vs high dpi mouse. If a controller could ever get into that range things would change, but obviously no one's come close on a controller yet.
  5. ATX350

ATX350 New Member

+1 for PC.

Haven't used my xbox in years but decided to bust it out for MNC. I'd much rather play it on PC however. Joysticks are no fun :(
  6. Edelritter

Edelritter New Member

While it's likely that you're working on it as we speak, I'd like to pitch in and say that I'm also looking forward to a PC port.

It's not that I hate the Xbox or prefer the PC as a gaming machine per seI own a 360, and play it regularly (got the Limited Edition of the new Castlevania yesterday, in fact). But most of my friends, with whom I play League of Legends heavily, don't own one. If you get a port I can promise you at least 5 customers. :)
  7. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Certainly wouldn't mind having a port to the PC. PC gaming communities for games last way longer then their console counterparts. And can be updated quicker without MS's BS certification.

As long as Uber adds Xbox 360 controller support, I'll be a happy camper and more then willing to buy the game on PC. :mrgreen:

How hard is it to port an XBOX game to the PC exactly?
  8. Polynomial

Why the hell would you want to play with a controller on the PC?
  9. hostileparadox

I tried M+KB when I bought TF2 for the PC. I gave it a fair shot, but I just couldn't get used to it. My mouse kept falling off the pad, requiring me to lift the mouse and put it back on the pad, wasting time. And my wasd fingers got a little cramped / kept stumbling. Can't play sniper or scout very well, but I don't care for those classes anyway.
    I like having all the controls in the palms of my hands. Been happily playing TF2 with a 360 controller ever since the Medic Update shipped out, 500+ hours. I may need to buy a new controller, mine is starting to show it's wear :lol:
  10. Polynomial

You're nerfing yourself by using a controller.

Microsoft did testing on the controller vs. mouse thing and showed console players died miserably.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

ive always preferred the equality of console gaming. on pc, the more money you spend, the better chances you have.
  12. Polynomial

Huhhhhhh!?
  13. hostileparadox

He means that everyone that has a console controller has the same controller. As opposed to PC where you can have a ball, optical, or laser mouse, etc.

I know I'm at a disadvantage using a controller instead of a mouse & KB, but I don't feel like I am, so I don't particularly care to switch.
  14. Polynomial

Ignorance is bliss Hostile =P I cannot even begin to fathom why you'd play an FPS on the PC with a controller.

Also- you really are unaware of controller enhancements and 3rd part high end controllers from Razor for example?
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

im sure your proud of your work nonetheless ;)

besides, you should be a mega title with big money exclusives, and bungee should be barely getting by on xbl arcade releases.

infinity ward is making off-balanced games, but they are a swell team. bungee is a more balanced and interesting game, but the staff kicks babies. i still have hopes this title can one day be hotter than those other two. besides, its not too similar to team fort 2, its more like a tower defence game taking place at the same time as class-based team combat. and the storylike is unique and humorously far-fetched, like portal.
  16. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

and the rig itself. and 99% of people have the same controller, how many people have the same controller for pc?
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i think 90% of people have the same rig while the rest have some console mods turtle beaches big screen tvs and other hardware aides, but i think internet connection blesses at least 60% with a general advantage in games, and more like 95% of people have the same controller while the rest have some kind of custom/modded controller (god-willing, most of those are just led-mods)

i suppose its better than the computer, just not a perfectly level playing field. you can still buy yourself some advantage at the nearest radioshack or bestbuy