Introduce a new Bot for DLC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by tezmac, September 14, 2010.

1. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Sponsored by DRTrigger The Terminator packs a punch.

Slow moving, highly armoured tank with twin Mini-guns.

Would look like a tank but with twin Mini-guns.

Speed = slow
    Armor = High (slightly more than the Bouncer)
    Weapon = same as Gunners but accuracy is poor.

This bot steadily crawls towards your Moneybot, and when there locks-down, then releases hell on the Moneyball with his guns.
  2. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Sounds decent.
  3. Lukeydoodly

Lukeydoodly New Member

So much thought has been put into this.
  4. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Sounds more like its a class specific bot?
  5. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Now this is just me thinking aloud, but how about some sort of bots that can climb/jump up on to bridges/elevated platforms and are melee bots like the gremlins and bouncers? Because right now you don't have anything that will truly harass another team that takes the high ground. Buzzers are annoying, but they will only kill you by pure luck. Gap shots can reach the high ground, but in some arenas like steal peel and lazor razor, they can be pointless. because of the roofs/tunnels.

So some sort of melee bots that can get on platforms and chase seriously harass snipers anyone else just hanging out up there would be a nice addition.
  6. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I like this idea. If you pushed this bot all the way to the moneyball it could wreck the other team.

Interesting concept. Maybe a flying bot? That would be a little easier to program, I would think.
  7. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Maybe every other blackjack and slim spawn, it spawns blackjack and flying slims, that act like buzzers, shooting lasers at people they have chased down. Or even they just take a different path across the map and stop to fire if they encounter anyone.
  8. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Buzzers are already a flying suicide bot. I honestly have no idea about what the programing would take. I was thinking of something bigger than a gremlin, smaller than a bouncer, possibly chimp shaped, and make elevated target a priority.
  9. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

A flying slim is not a bad idea.
  10. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Or possibly make a swarming hopping bot that is bunny shaped, with a short range hurt gun and make the face look like the support. That would be a great little inside joke.
  11. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

The only problem I have with that is the glitches that would probably happen if they were to climb up walls. How would they know which wall to climb up? What if they got stuck in a wall because they thought that the wall ended? What if they climbed up a wall they weren't supposed to be able to climb? Would they be able to use the jumppads to go up walls, and how would that work? What if a pro was in an area that couldn't be accessed by them, such as behind the glass walls of the spawn area?

I might be reading too much in to this though...

Something like that. Or maybe the tank or gunner could spawn flying "slims", since they currently have the same bot spawn.

LOL!
  12. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

How does jumping stop you from shooting him? I rarely see it and when I do wonder what it is they were trying to accomplish.
  13. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

If you haven't been paying attention up till now, I'm not going to explain the inside joke.
  14. pyroplushy

pyroplushy New Member

i would like to see some bots that every1 can summon and to hav choices in wat class bots ar better at, like they are affected by your endorsements.
    i think the terminator is a good idea but i think that it would be interesting if they couldnt atk players or other bots but just almost instantly destroy a moneyball.
    i think that the melee bots that go on platforms should do decent dmg at melee range but they pull out a weak ranged weapon when ther atking the moneyball and stay on the platforms the entire time.
  15. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

What are you saying?
  16. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

That on this forum, its kinda well known that supports that bunny hop are hated. Every thread has at least one joke about how it takes so little skill to be a bunny hopping support.
  17. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Also Amaranth is in on the joke, and you basically just got trolled.
  18. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Aww man, i just lost the game :(
  19. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

They see me trollin'
  20. faits

faits New Member

I'd like to see a new type of bot because it would be nice if gunner and tank spawned different fodder. Every other class gets a unique bot, but gunner and tank have to share?