Any 360 players heading to SMNC? (PC)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, March 12, 2012.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Even though I am a music nerd I despise rhythm type games.
  2. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

"Apparently the other half in your genes was the dominant trait, which overrules the Japanese half. You should reconcile with a God you don't believe in," xeno attempts to convert.

Amen.
  3. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

I like what you do Xeno. It's like writing from a short story.
  4. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

"You, too, can be part of the story," xeno invites openly.

Amen.
  5. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

It feels like if I'm reading a romantic comedy light novel.
  6. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Ive made my transition to SMNC.

Wish i had my old comrades to play with on the new arena. I still hop on MNC 360 time to time, but we just eat the new people like candy. Its nice to have a challenge of a new game, but the new community sucks.

The 360 people are much more fun and entertaining, and even more willing to work together. The new group are just hungry for the "new game" i feel.
  7. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Xbox has been a bit boring lately. All my friends have either moved on or don't play as much.

I might start saving money to put together a new rig. I'd love to give PC gaming a try.
  8. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

It's not a different tempo; it's a different beat.

I wanted to respond to this. If it's anything like league of legends, it is more fast paced than it appears. Just because making one mistake doesn't lead to death doesn't mean it doesn't still cripple you. In LoL, if you make one mistake, you lose half your health. But because you've now lost half your health, if you make one more, you could very well die. And since death happens less frequently, it costs you a lot more to die and rewards them a lot more. Because they can outlevel you in SMNC, if you die a few times, not only are you making it impossible to beat them, but you are feeding them so that they can outdamage your entire team.

Early game, it seems like less is going on because as somebody who has never played LoL you don't see the micromanagement going on. It's about farming for levels until you're high level enough to actually chase them behind bot lines - because early levels the bots rape you. But while you're doing this, you're simultaneously trying to zone them out from getting experience by harassing them away from their bots
  9. poppyseed

poppyseed New Member

I was going to, but I don't have a very good pc and couldn't. :(
  10. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I tried it (alt account) - I actually liked the pace. Too bad I did not like the leveling system, the class balance, the second leveling system, the cost of characters, and the constant "rebalancing" that was going on.

Basically, too much bad outweighed the good in my opinion. Which stinks, because I did enjoy the actual gameplay that I experienced. I will try it again when it is no longer "beta" (because it isn't a real beta...)
  11. benzito7

benzito7 Member

SMNC need to be play in Team of 5 over Mumble, this is where the game shine. If you are trying to find a game by yourself, the matchmaking is terrible and the game get frustating.

However, when you are in a team of 5, it will match you against another team of 4 or 5. I would suggest you connect to the official SMNC mumble server and get to know a few peoples.

Now, I can get private game like in MNC almost anytime I want. Dream come true. I had a one hour+ game yesterday, was completely crazy with JackBot spawning left and right, this now stand as my most enjoyable/memorable game in the MNC universe.

Also, just to point out the game is not in beta anymore, it has been released for anyone to play on Steam.

RandomToon: I sent you a Steam friend request but you never answered.

Gunked: are you still playing SMNC, I heard you had problem with the beta, may want to try the final version now.

Teapot: if you are playing SMNC, add me on Steam, would love to invite you to the party, I am sure you would enjoy the game much more playing in a real team.

Crimson: get your *** on Steam and stop playing MNC !!! :)

Deadstretch: very ggs yesterday, your Tank is FREAKING AWESOME.
  12. gunked

gunked New Member

I tried playing yesterday but the game still crashes on me. I tried lower the Graphic Settings to the minimum in the text file but nothing worked. If only there was a way to reduce the render distance of projectiles...........
  13. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Are you trying to play on a laptop or PC ? I have a old GTX 260 laying around if you have a PC, it most probably can run the game smooth on lower settings, you should look at the amount of RAM you have also, it really cheap and a easy upgrade to try and help the performance.
  14. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Unless I am wrong, Gunked has an all in one - so in essence a laptop since it uses mobility components...
  15. gunked

gunked New Member

I FIXED THE PROBLEM :D IM SO FCKEN PRO!!! AHHH YEA

it was a video driver problem. My computer can run smnc just fine, it just crashed when megabeth shot rocket out the map
  16. benzito7

benzito7 Member

LOL, something not right in your last sentences, you said you fixed the problems and at the same time it crashed again !!! :)

Do you know the model of the video card you are using ? or at least the manufacturer (Nvidia, AMD or Intel) ?

Did you try downloading the latest video drivers from there website ?
  17. gunked

gunked New Member

i meant that before too many rockets out of that map crashed he game but now its fixed
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

Pubs suck in this game because even if you're better than the entire enemy team, it doesn't matter because your team could also be garbage and you can't carry like in MNC. Definitely need premade vs premade/private matches or the VERY LUCKY balanced pub match to have the most fun.
  19. gunked

gunked New Member

yea i definitely agree. I have more fun in a 5 man premade than solo que anyway because of the communication that is going on and leavers in solo que just mess everything up.
  20. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

I just started playing like 2 days ago so if any of you guys want to add me on steam it would be awesome. Still getting used to everything this is the first PC game I've played since Diablo 2 lol so yea I need practice. :?