Improve Melee

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by SEMER, August 29, 2010.

1. SEMER

SEMER New Member

Just incase you don't know the RS click is for melee.

Possible fix is to make it a one hit kill from the back. would not work on deployed players.
  2. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

Or not, if you want OHKs to the back play assassin.
  3. RedBeardRaven

RedBeardRaven New Member

Hmm, I think that the melee is underrated and could be used in the right situations. Such as I was Gunner, out of ammo for the minigun and the mortar and it was down to me and one other Gunner. Roughly same ( low ) health and we were close met. I whiffed a grapple and was already really close. I could and should have melee but it never crossed my mind because of how little damage it does.

If anything, I think the melee should daze a player for a moment. Just enough to start reload/grapple/run away. And the Assassin could have an addition to hers since she is primarily a melee class. Something along the lines of knockdown or knockback with the knife/sword. Meh, it doesn't have to be implemented, but it would help with the usefulness.
  4. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

yes, let's make assasssins even less useful!

great idea dude!
  5. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

Hm, I like the idea of allowing the melee to briefly stun whoever you hit. A 1-second stun would be cool.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The time from button press to the end of animation is too long to be useful at anything. Hey I like the stun idea though.
  7. Veras Gunn

Veras Gunn New Member

The hit detection on the melee is what usually keeps me from using it. The animation takes too long, and you have to be right on top of someone to actually hit them. You miss, as is often the case when I've used it, then you leave yourself open to all of the **** that the enemy class can do at close range.
  8. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Not to discredit any work Uber might've done but it really is something they could've just left out completely. Who really uses Melee as an offensive option in this game? You have Grapples, abilities, and a Gun (or a sword in the case of Assassin, but trigger does the deed).

Agreed, the animation/action takes too long and agreed it's fairly weak. See previous statement.
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

No, don't change it. If you are in a gun fight in real life, you are going to shoot the other person, not hit them. Under no circumstances should a smack hurt more than a bullet. It also takes away from the skill of the game.
  10. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

Great idea! and there should be a perk that increases the melee range and they should add double shotguns too!! :twisted:

please no one take that seriously
  11. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

I use it on slim bots if I don't feel like being bothered to reload after they're dead.
  12. faits

faits New Member

You can leave the melee of most of the classes alone. But probably should give the assassin's melee attack a little more range. Like, say, across the entire map. And have it do more damage than a sniper bullet.

Then things can finally be balanced!
  13. quaddile

quaddile New Member

*crosses fingers*

and yes I just did
  14. L3377MA573R

L3377MA573R New Member

It's slow and does little damage, making it nearly useless. You would do more damage with a grapple and the time it spends recharging.
  15. AcidSnow

AcidSnow New Member

Melee damage is very low, making a Melee attack pretty worthless in combat - especially if you use the Tactical control layout :?
  16. mipegg

mipegg New Member

I think it would be great if when a teammate was getting grappled the melee would knock the grappler off your friend
  17. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

This isn't halo thank goodness!

A stun would make the gunner's slam less unique. It's fine how it is......uesless. You know what it is used for right now? You insult people by killing them with the right click attack.

How to fix: give $100 for killing anyone with the right click attack.
  18. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

great make the assassin even more underpowered