Older players still playing this game?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by the_feedle, April 11, 2012.

1. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

Looked at the weekly leaderboards and scrolled down the whole thing for the hell of it.
    Noticed a couple of old names which i havnt seen in forever.

Velka, Aaedon?

Guess people still play this game more then you think
    people got alot of time making alt accounts these days
    Last edited: April 11, 2012
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I saw velka last night, but it sounded like a 5 year old kid. I don't remember him being too young.

Aaedon though? really? that was our sub for f5in and I believe he filled in more than f5in actually played. Pretty good sniper at the time, i'm going to see how interested he is in playing.

also I've seen boltaction a couple weeks ago. both deadeye and peachypony somehow constantly make it to the top of the weekly leaderboards despite never playing this game.
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

4. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

you could give him a shot.. he was a pretty good sniper when he played regularly
    bolt was on for a bit then went to gotham city...
    also see artic fox hasnt retired since hes there too
  5. represent601

represent601 New Member

I'm still on from time to time. I barely get on the forums though, but I've been playing since the game came out so I guess I'm an older player :lol:
  6. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

dont really reconize ya but shout outs to ya
    you must be old school like patch and me, dbowill, sehelkin, etc..
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Ever since starting SMNC i have been hoppin on to play some MNC lately.

The sin is just so OP i miss her awesomeness
  8. onetimeuse

onetimeuse New Member

It's kinda funny how some of the older players who were revered as the best players in this game now fall into the categories of 'pub assault', 'pub assassin', 'deathblossom tank' and more I can't even name at the moment.

Can't tell if it's funny or sad.
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

^^^No, it just shows how much the game has evolved since they stopped playing.
  10. onetimeuse

onetimeuse New Member

So they're bad at the new meta game now?
  11. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

if the older genration players formed a team and took on a team nowdays they would probably get wrecked.

most private match players can find one false move in your play and end the game
    not that those players were bad just the new players learn how to advance things from what was already learned long ago.
  12. Zander Star

Zander Star New Member

Peachy <3
  13. represent601

represent601 New Member

haha I cant wait to see that happen to me! I am jumping back into private matches, so this should be interesting. I think it would be fun though, having us older generation players play some of the newer ones! That would be very hard to organize though :/
  14. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

weve had a few come back to play and some can't stand the fact they go negative or lose and quit never to come back. Some players can't leave their egos at the door and be humble about losing ala Hiitimes.

Not that your walking into an all star type of gaming here but theres no juice buying, no buying turrets except the ones beside the moneyball. Anni/ejectors and sometimes bot buying are allowed. Classes are to stick to their roles and if a player doesnt have a mic or follow their role then they usually get cut from the games. Players without a mic should be able to listen to what others have to say and we pick captains so skills are devided evenly most of the time.

You will still get juiced on, killed, have the game end within 3 minutes if your team can't keep grasp of things. Other games if you have solid bot pushing you'll never see the ball drop till overtime.

Basically if the tank and assassin can't get you the win or to overtime then theres work to be done.

Other players need to pick up the slack if the assassin and tank can't kill bots.
  15. represent601

represent601 New Member

so what your saying is that its now the tanks job as well to push bots? I know somebody who wouldn't like that! From what I'm hearing it's just starting to sound like teamwork is being utilized more than it used to be. As for the rage quit players, I've never liked them. There were a few when I was in it big time some even went as far as getting themselves banned from the forums for various reasons! I just play for the fun of the game, sure I get frustrated when something unplanned happens to me, but I just see that as all the more reason to find that person and kill them in an even more humiliating way! and of course joke about it afterwards in the lobby. ;)
  16. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

im not entirely sure what everyones roles are completely since i dont play many of the other classes in private matches but from what i see.

Tank- kills bots and goes after the assassin. Rail gun gunner when hes got a chance, try and keep bots away from the ball at all cost. Blossom squishy classes and charge 3 anything you can then blossom it. Use product bomb 3 and rail gun long range on bots and pros to aid the assassin. Let them get juice then blossom if you want to clear the lane. Aid your assassin.

Assassin- kill bots and help the tank wreck the lanes, use shruikens on firebases and be the scout on the team and call things out. Juice on pros and turrets, get the anni as your the best class to get it. Use ejectors when you cant kill bots. Get the ball down and shruiken the hell out of it from any angle. Kill pros if you got the chance to stop juiced players.

Assault: go after the tank and sniper, pester and wear out the gunner. Kill pros and get the anni if the assasin can't. Use ejectors and toss bombs at classes. main focus is kill pros and juice.

Sniper: main focus is gunner, tank, assassin if you got exploding shots. help a lane if the tank and assassin can't keep up. Put ice traps in critical areas to keep them away from vital areas of the map. Shoot bots for juice=Juice and kill pros

Gunner: kills pros, kills, pros, kills pros, stays with the support and basically works as a team with the support calling out areas where the support should be to heal them and staying within the heal beam range. Kills turrets if assassin and tank can't do it. Stays away from sniper.

Support: heals the gunner at all times, if the gunner dies heal the assault or tank. Put firebase in random spots and dont worry about it being destroyed. Dont worry about turrets being destroyed. Only hack if you need to and heal to juice. Juice to kill with the hurt beam long range and shotgun close range. Toss unpredicatable air strikes and make sure you got Rate/Armor/Skill or Armor/Rate/skill or something in those lines so your heal beam can keep up with the damage on whats being shot. Rate/Armor/Crit helps too.

Basically assassin and tank each pick a lane
    gunner and support and assault stick together
    sniper usually goes in the same lane as the tank to try and wreck him and the gunner.

Again this is just a small template of what goes on... every game is different and everyone plays different.

When the ball is down you got 15-20 seconds to hit it or it goes back up. Within that time every player whos able to should tap the ball. Assault and assassin kind of switch roles and focus on the ball. Tank rail guns it with long range to stay away from traffic.

yadda yadda yadda.. herpa derpa burp
  17. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

Been playing SMNC lately but still hop on to the good old MNC here and there. I miss most of you and would be interested in playing some private matches again. As far as the topic of older players being "not as good" I really have to disagree...we did pave the way for the new folks and it was about fun.
  18. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Join the MNC PM List. Would love to have you!
    OK, done pimping that for a while since there are about 70 people on it...
  19. Not Officer Willy

Not Officer Willy New Member

[​IMG]
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

feedle said it best... the old players weren't bad (are good) but the new players already advanced past where the old players left off, and improved what was already paved for us.

look up the finals for the ZyN tourney, then look at Gunked's youtube channel. One game looks like a glorified pub game with some teamwork, and the other looks like a competitive match with an incredible amount of teamwork.

I remember getting wrecked by old players, but they would be lost with how we play now.