Private Match Community...again

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, April 9, 2012.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Ehhh close enough..

Okay, i'll add you when I can get off my phone and get on a computer. It's unfortunate that people won't join despite being on the gamertag's F/L, but it's expected. It's a better idea to just load it up with 100 people who would possibly play privates than 30 who will always play.

If you wanna PM me the log in info I can help maintain it and add new people, or I can just tell you who to add. We have roughly 50 ppl in this thread alone, and more that either don't post or just slip my mind.
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I'll get some more people on (I probably have the second most on my f/l after Chron, so I should be able to get some more people on).
  3. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

For future reference, if I am away or playing Mass Effect 1 I WILL NOT JOIN. If I'm playing a multiplayer game in ME3 I'll finish it and then join. SO YOU CAN STOP SENDING ME INVITES.
  4. teapot

YOU CAN START SENDING MESSAGES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO COME ;)
  5. Organous

Organous Member

I'm not asking for a heads up. I was just reiterating how rare it would be for me to play. I'd have to have about 3 hours available to play. 1 to wait for enough people to show up, the other 2 to actually get in the games. At least, that's how it seemed the last time I was there.
  6. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

IGNORE THE F***ING FACT THAT I SET MY MOTTO TO MASS EFFECT=NO MNC FOR LIKE A WEEK AND A HALF.
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Shut up Deadpool!!!!

ME suck bawls, didnt you hear.

Play a real game! :cool:
  8. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Commander Shepard could easily bitchslap the entire cast of MNC back to the stone age, while still having time to punch a reporter.
  9. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

You idiot, Mudknot.
  10. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

I'm not included on any of the lists besides the team one btw. I'd be occasionally seeing as I'm never on at the right times.
  11. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Well the pm list didn't work at all. I saw 17 people and invited them, only 4 joined... Chris skull crush said he doesn't even want to do private matches at all, so I don't know why he's on the list.
  12. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I have removed him. It is an experiment - I figured I would give it a try, and it seemed good at the time. If it continues to not work, I will just disband it. Let's give it a more than three days though :?
  13. bkitko73

bkitko73 New Member

mark me as sniper too!!!
  14. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Hey BK, can you please already spoil to all of us what the fvck your sig means?
  15. teapot

lol jacktrips

Toon, the list is a great idea. It doesn't mean it will always work, but it's still something we needed. If you wish to disband it, i'll definitely take it over. It sucks that there are a lot of players who don't join despite being on the list, but if they join 1 out of 5 times it's worth it to me since the player base is so small.

working on the edits now guys.
  16. RandomToon

I was more along the lines of - if we remove so many people because they say things like "I don't want to do PMs and am not sure why I joined this" that it becomes the same 20ish players all the time, then it stops serving a purpose. Otherwise, I still like the idea.

Wildman, I am still waiting to get those names you wanted me to add - also Teapot has the login information for that account, so he can update it as well if need be.

That said, next week I am going to buy a one month gold account for for the list, and do some pubbing to let people know that this exists and that PMs are still going on, and this is one way to get involved in them.
    Rather than just accept any invite going forward, what is the bar of entry that we want to set? I think that "I want to actually play PMs" is the number one thing, but are there others? I.E., certain skill level, certain age\maturity, mic usage, etc.?
  17. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Can you add assault to my classes please (not too good at it, but I can throw bombs pretty darn good).
  18. teapot

Toon, most likely we will have the same 20 people who are the core of the PM community. There are a couple of people who are occasional players though and some who are rarely interested. Like I said, if they're just occasional players, it's worth it because at this point we could use any player who is interested.

Bar entry is tough... it requires either a lot of good judgement or a lot of effort into talking to that player. I always ask if people are interested in private match 6v6s. Tell them that it's faster paced and competitive. I try to find out what classes they play then i'll add them. It's hard to base it off pub play, but try to see if they play their classes in a way where they can be useful in privates.

Someone like silentbizarekid has the skill and accuracy to do a lot of damage in a private, but his playstyle is the complete opposite and would hurt the game. People who are too into K/D ratios normally aren't a good fit because their priority isn't to win as a team but to do well as an individual.

WI football however has a decent shot but played aggressively, utilized icetraps and had a style which could fit in with private games.
  19. RandomToon

I guess it would come down to people choosing invites properly - sometimes you may want the newer people to help them along or balance a lobby, sometimes you want more vets for more competition. I guess it works both ways - sometimes people want to play, sometimes they just want to run through Mass Effect :D
  20. onetimeuse

onetimeuse New Member