How'd you get Flapjack Master?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TouchFuzzy, September 10, 2010.

1. TouchFuzzy

TouchFuzzy New Member

I don't know about anyone, but getting that achievement took me a while. I'm sure it's mostly because I rarely play Gunner because I dislike the class (this is neither the time or place for my reasons), but it seems difficult to achieve a pancake. My friend plays the Gunner a lot and still hasn't gotten the achievement! But then again, he still hasn't acquired bacon, so it may be partly luck.

I embarked on an endeavor while playing last night to use the Gunner until I finally got the achievement. I managed to acquire it in LaseRazor arena. I was heading out of the opening of my base ring on the front, preparing to jump-jet across to the walkway when an enemy tank jetted across the gap intending to jetgun rush me. I rocketed straight up and over the tank, and lvl 3 slammed straight down on top of him.

WHAM!

Flapjack master achieved. How about everyone else? How'd you get your first pancake?

I should note this is not intended as a forum to discuss how to get the achievement, just for people to share how they managed it the first time.
  2. ROWAN1551

ROWAN1551 New Member

I got it in the EXACT same place as you, I currently have 4 and Rarely play the gunner, For all 4 I didnt expect to get a pancake.
  3. Silentblade4289

Silentblade4289 New Member

I also got it on LazorRazor as well. I came out from the tunnel next to my base and saw an enemy assassin go up the jump pad on the far left of the map. So I went up the pad after her, but then I saw her drop back down so I just pressed X and BAM! Achievement unlocked-Flapjack Master.

I believe I have 2 or 3 of these now.
  4. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I was respawning after a very, VERY rare death in the arena. VERY. :D

Anyway...when I came out, there was a Support dancing around my moneyball with his ghostbuster ray on the shieldless money ball. Let's just say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and became a permanent fixture of my MNC highlight reel. Felt awesome, especially when that achievement popped up.

It wasn't accidental. I truly tried to get it and was fortunate enough to legitimately get it. Much more satisfying than some people that use collusion tactics to get some cheevo points.

As a suggested addition to this topic, I'd also like to know if those that have flapjacked have ever been pancaked themselves. To my knowledge, I've yet to be on the receiving end of a pancake myself.
    Last edited: September 10, 2010
  5. TouchFuzzy

TouchFuzzy New Member

Lol...if only crossing the streams caused something catastrophic.
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Like both Support get instantly full juice? That's a great idea! I'll add that to the patch now.

*hears the ringing of 1000 assassins sneaking up behind him.
  7. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

*hears the sound of a 1000 more threads being started about the support being rediculously OP :D
  8. Twelve Boats

Twelve Boats New Member

I like how this implies Supports don't always have Juice.
  9. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I tried it once to do a bit of experimenting in a private match. I never got it before, so I wondered if you had to land on the player to kill them or just be close enough with another player uncontrolled in the match. Landed on them and got the achievement (I was surprised, I assumed you had to do it in a full match.).
  10. SpiXLOL

SpiXLOL New Member

Was playing splitscreen with a friend, and we joined a match, different teams.

My teams moneyball was down to 30% or something, and theirs was at 100%.
    So i was staying and defending ours, and i see a assasin walking around in our base. So i jumped down and slammed, i didnt kill the assasin, but i did hit my friend i was playing with, and when the achievment came up on my screen he was so angry. Thats how i got it.

Sorry for my english its not the best.
  11. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I got the protag in a private match. Then, the very next live match I played, I got it for real. Go fiure.
  12. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

An assassin front grappled me then lunged just as i jumped and slammed...it was pretty awesome.
  13. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I was playing splitscreen, just testing some things out in a private crossfire match and I ended up pancaking my other self.
  14. Sakori

Sakori New Member

Grenade III on a sniper that liked to sit in scope while I splatted him from behind ;)
  15. quaddile

quaddile New Member

I got it on grenade ||| on one of the corner jump pads on a bot-spawn camping support.
    tip: To do this slam 1 second after going over the bridge, otherwise you will slam down into the pit.
  16. Divine x Ninja

Divine x Ninja New Member

I think I was on LazeRazer as well, or it might have been Ammo Mule, meh, I forget.

But an Assault was running down the left side of his base when the long walkway is, and I was on the balcony by the Jump-Jet, and I came down on him with Slam, getting my achievement.
  17. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

Well you know how assassins are Fuckin Dumb and Never give the **** up.. So i keep body slamming and i keep squashin them like the bugs they are. i must have soo many medals on that. -_-