Uber at PAX East 2012: Updated with DAY THREE

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Polynomial, April 4, 2012.

1. kopikatsu

kopikatsu New Member

Re: Uber at PAX East 2012: Updated with DAY TWO

...In that third picture...Male Assault and Female Engineer from Firefall.

Too bad there wasn't a Female Dreadnaught. Harr Harr Harr.
  2. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Now this game has to get big, AF will get some sponsors, they'll pay our trip to the next PAX and we'll beat everyone.
  3. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

Until you realise that you automatically take on the champions in a no holds barred match to the death.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!
  4. Uncle Richardson

Uncle Richardson New Member

That would be Typhon and Mourningstar. Red 5 has videos on their youtube channel showing the creation of the battleframes. Firefall is a seriously fun game and it's pretty bare bones as far as content is concerned.
  5. simskiller

simskiller Active Member

Hate to say this but: So much this. I miss the scathis voice.

I want my GRAAAPLE KEEEEL DDDOOOMINATION KILL GRAPPLE KILL STREAK BREAKA! DOMMMMIIINAAAATION KEEEL SUUUPA MULTI KEEL. MEGA STEAK.

instead of just "grapple kill." "kill streak"

So boring.

Oh, and don't have kill streaks that I didn't get interupt the annoucers, trying to listen to them.

And less of the "rules have changed" lines, that gets old after the third time.
  6. malvourus

malvourus Member

Well I was there and didn't know what you looked like since I don't really know anyone here, but, I was saddened to see that the Pax exclusive battle damaged cardboard assassin was sold out on day one. Now I am going to cry. :p

Did play one game though on Loco, and it was fun. Shame that I lost though.
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

PAX East Uber dinner with Scathis poking his head out in front of me and a completely wasted Ekanaut!

Thanks Roadkill.

Attached Files:

8. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Brokeded picture
  9. Polynomial

Its native size is just too big for the forums.
  10. Polynomial

Day Three:

There's not too many pictures of me actually. I basically took all the photos. My voice died Friday night hard when I was out with the gf and like 10 other people. There may have been drinking involved. Couldn't really speak to anyone playing the game, so I did this instead.

I have a video I took of a Friday tournament I'll link later. Hope everyone's happy with coverage I did for the forums.

I have a lot of PAX skin codes too. I'll be putting them 100% back into the community for those who didn't make it.

Can't thank the Uber guys enough for the amazing 4 days of PAX awesomeness. The game had a great reception and I know it'll take off.

Attached Files:

11. Polynomial

12. kopikatsu

kopikatsu New Member

13. Polynomial

I'm not a professional photographer! SHEESH!

When Uber makes millions of microtransaction dollars they'll have real equipment!
  14. freshfuhrer

freshfuhrer New Member

Oh god I squeed
  15. thecarpe

thecarpe Member

Had an amazing time at PAX and a good part of that was thanks to SMNC and Uber. It was great hanging out with the devs and some of the people I play against. Will be fun to meet you all in game again.

Our team won the Saturday tournament (rather handily) and, to no surprise, got defeated in the post-tourney exhibition against Gray Fox and his cadre of alpha testers. We gave them a good fight, though. Lasting over 15 minutes against the alpha testers is a win in my book. That's us in the group shot RoadKillGrill posted.

Stay tuned, once I get back home I have a present from Stack to upload. Let's just say, he fulfilled a request my friends and I have been pushing for for a few months now. That is to say, he made it complete.

PAX was awesome, and so are you, Uber. Thanks for making an awesome weekend even better :)
  16. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

17. Elini Linxfoot

Elini Linxfoot New Member

That It's. Everyone haveing so much fun at PAX that next year (or someother time or place) I'm going, and I'm going to cosplay as the Cardboard Tube Samurai or the Combat Girl.

I'm not making any promises though.
  18. abiscuit

abiscuit New Member

I traveled from Idaho to get to PAX and it was an amazing experience and well worth the trip. I want to thank the guys at Uber for helping this be an amazing weekend. Also a thanks to the Alpha guys we played following the Saturday tournament for helping out and for a good game. It was great to meet you all in person.

Now whenever I hear the announcer commentary in game I will see Stack in the yellow MNC suit in my head.
  19. raptorbones

raptorbones New Member

Thanks for the pics. Would love to have gone but sadly Australia is a curse.
  20. grandmasterbfunk

grandmasterbfunk Member

awwwwww maaaaan

it looked like so much fun, wish i was in america for it :(

any chance you guys will come to australia? :p