Heal Assists Please

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Buff Hardthrust, September 7, 2010.

1. Buff Hardthrust

Buff Hardthrust New Member

If a person a support is healing gets a kill, the support should be rewarded with an assist or bonus. It will encourage more supports to heal their teammates.
  2. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

While I personally don't need the incentive, it's kind of frustrating that a good chunk of my job gets me little cash and zero credit. Firebase and turret kills are nice and all, but still.
  3. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

You're not the TF2 medic, healing is just something the support can do to help turn the tide in a fire fight by saving teammates instead of making them wait for health regeneration. The heal ray really doesn't work quickly enough unless you're just healing a deployed gunner who is shooting at a range,.
  4. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

I play lvl99 support, disagree with this. Sure it would be nice but it would make them always take first for just sitting by people attacking and racking up assists. This would also allow them to get $$$ alot quicker.
  5. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Not a bad Idea IMO. Letz look at the word assist. Which is to help out. Why not add another usable button, R3 (click right analog stick down) which calls for a support to assist. If a support does then heal the calling pro by at least 75% then he gets an assist.
  6. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

A support player gets juice for it.
    That and helping the team/other player is enough incentive to me, as a support player.

That said, if i tag along with a Tank for example, i walk behind him overhealing, but if anything is close enough to use my hurtgun, i use that. Not only does that give me an assist/kill, the target dies sooner, which in itself also helps the Tank survive longer.
  7. Shivers

Shivers New Member

There is already enough incentive, actually helping your team to victory for one, and juice as the second, considering support is already a powerful class, I don't think upping their money intake would be the greatest solution.

Although I guess you could balance it so that the money gain stays roughly the same, something like taking a chunk of money away from turret kills, and adding a small amount to healing assists or something of the like.. :)
  8. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

I agree with OP.

It seems contradictory of the word 'assist' that you dont get credited with 'assists' when you run round the map 3 times keeping a gunner up constantly, he gets 10 kills and you get credited with nothing.

If people complain it would lead to too much money, they just make it count towards your assists statistic but not give you any money, as i agree also that earning money a ssupport isnt an issue.
  9. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

That's nice. I'll put you down for sainthood in a moment, but you're still the minority.
  10. Ownwithpride1

Ownwithpride1 New Member

Haha hes implying this game wasn't inspired completely by tf2
  11. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

Haha, he's never played another class based shooter besides TF2.
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I'm still shocked this game isn't TF2.

UBER, HAS OUR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP BEEN JUST A LIE??????
  13. Ownwithpride1

Ownwithpride1 New Member

Half life, with all its mods, maps, and spawns like TFC, TF2, and evidently this game.
    I only own every battlefield from 1942->

Let's see how reach turns out.
  14. R3VAN

R3VAN New Member

I would like some cash for it, but I dont think it should be $15. Drop it down to $10. As a support I dont get very many assists to begin with so it would be nice. & $10 wouldnt be a game breaker at all, especially considering an assassin can spawn Gremlins and easily get 45+ assists some games.
  15. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I think some sort of paycheck would be nice for those supports who keep their team members alive through heavy fire. It really makes a difference and their efforts should be rewarded.
  16. EdSoulman

EdSoulman New Member

Supports already have it easy enough, this is unnecessary.
  17. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

18. scyfed

scyfed New Member

you know r3 is reserved for melee right? lol.
  19. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

Does no one remember Conker!
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

they could use the money. to buy juice when THEY GET F*** NERFED!!!! and to buy turrets. but seriously, nerf those SoBs and their illegitimate juicing...

anyhow, they ARE assisting, they should get a measily assist payment. it isnt like they can heal 4 pros getting kills and get the assist for all 4 pros kills. in case that is the worry, i say it should only count for the pro you last healed for the assists, and any pro you heal after that becomes the no pro you get assists from and you dont get and assists for kill from the pro you stopped healing for the other. and you dont get any more than 1 assist from the pro you healed without healing him again.

in other words, for balance:
    ~supports get an assist for the pro they last healed, not healed 2 times ago.
    ~supports get 1 assist from the person they last healed, so they have to heal again or continue to heal to get more assists from the pro they heal.

it would be fair, they are going to need money for turrets and juice after they have to earn it like everyone else.