Spawn Taunting?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, September 8, 2010.

1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Seriously?! What is up with the people who just sit inside the spawn and just taunt the entire match. I understand you might want the taunt tags, but seriously? That has to be the easiest tag to get and you don't even need to just sit there and taunt the whole match to get it up. I'm at like 3,500 taunts and i don't nor have ever sat and taunted the whole match. Ha ha.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It's because of the money earned per taunt. It's not the best way to earn money but I guess some people prefer to do that.
  3. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Well it is a good way to move up the leader board, not get any deaths, and just be cheap.
  4. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

An extremely slow way, Lol. I can't see you moving up more than 1 position quickly.
  5. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Well you could turtle out and steal a kill, then jump back in. Or buy up turrets, let them do the killing for you, and taunt when you get the kills.
  6. Silentblade4289

Silentblade4289 New Member

Yea, I've seen this once. Cant remember which map, but there is this gunner that just kept taunting in the spawn for the entire match. So, I had to hear "Let's do this tiki style" over and over again everytime I spawned.

I figured he was doing it so he could earn money without the risk of death. But come on, there are much better and faster ways to earn money and who cares if you die a few times along the way. And it can't possibly be fun just sitting there taunting the whole game.
  7. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

wait, what? You get money for taunting without kills??

LET'S DO THIS TIKI STYLE!!!
  8. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

with the assassins sword taunt u can taunt so fast that u will end up in the middle of ur team for monehy
  9. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Well taunting with your off weapon is always faster than your primary weapon, so if your any class, just remember, switch weapons before you taunt.
  10. HOOOFARTED

HOOOFARTED New Member

I didnt know this thanks.
  11. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

you can end up on top of the game for money as assault by doing this.
    you sit in spawn taunting and keep spawning buzzer bots.

doing this will earn you more points than anyone in the macth very often.
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I can easily imagine people being that petty.
  13. faits

faits New Member

If I'm five bucks short of an upgrade when I die, I'll taunt in the spawn so I can grab the upgrade before running out. Same thing if I'm a few bucks short of a buying some bots or the annihilator.

Taunting sans kill hardly gives you any money, though. I'm pretty sure it's like five bucks.
  14. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

It's five dollars per taunt. It's not worth the time spent, except if you need only like five or ten bucks to do it. I'll do the same, personally. I need ten or fewer bucks for an upgrade? Taunt once or twice. If I need fifty bucks, I'll go out and get some bot kills, pro kills, or assists. Maybe even turrets if I'm feeling sassy.
  15. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

You have been seeing people taunting the entire game because they have been split up from their party. Rather than fight their friends they just taunt. Sadly I've seen many games where our off party member earned more money from taunting than the every other member of the defeated team.
  16. Prowler Jesse

Prowler Jesse New Member

i was not aware that you get money from the taunts, i only have 25 so far and they are all from Blitz games.

i have run into some dumb supports that leave their firebases inside of the spawn area...
  17. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

To be honest, last night I was in a game where everyone one but 2 of our people dropped out as the game was starting. So it was 2 on 6, plus it was against a very aggressive team that would blitz the base and win in 4 minutes. So I hung out in the spawn base taunting and sticking my head out to get a kill here and there. I mean when you know you are going to get raped, why give them the chance?
  18. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Hey, in the end, we made them fight for their win.

And one of them was hacking. Or he just happened to be offline with no played games....
  19. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Yeah, I said I was sticking my head out to get a few kills.
  20. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

More than that.

But still.