assassin post nerf anti-support strategy

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by scyfed, September 6, 2010.

1. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

Sure, call the people who think your strat doesn't work and play assassin shitty, then complain that people aren't offering variants to your strat.

Unless there is something there that will take away the turrets attention from you long enough to kill him, which the smoke bomb does not and gremlins rarely do, the turret will eat you before you get anything done.

Nice idea on paper, doesn't really work well in pratice. Then again, maybe I'm just one of those 'bad' assassins.
  2. scyfed

scyfed New Member

o.k my idea doesn't work that well, turns out the support that i was using it on was total idiot. but meh. i wasn't complaining that people weren't offering variants, i was congratulating him on not being one of the 60% of people on the Internet that just shut someone down if their idea wasn't that great. wish you could hear peoples tone over the Internet -_-
  3. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

him? :p
  4. Warskull

Warskull New Member

You won't kill an overhealed firebase before your smoke ends, even if it isn't getting any healing. This includes lvl 3 RoF endorsement. If it targets you, you will end up dead. The best you can pull off it getting it down to about half before you have to cloak to break the firebase agro. Taking out supports really isn't your job as assassin. However, buying the gremlins is a good move.

The best solution to a support holding a lane with a firebase is to bypass him. A support in the lane is a support that isn't in their base healing things. With lvl 3 RoF you can smokebomb pretty much any base turret and take them out. In fact turrets are easier to kill than firebases. Rocket turrets overhealed for more than half are about the only thing that should give you trouble. After you start hacking away at the turrets, one of two things will happen. You'll get the supports attention, he will leave his firebase, and try to protect the turrets in his base or you will eventually destroy every turret they have. If you successfully destroy all the turrets, just go crazy with the gremlins and annihilator.

Also yell at your team's supports to take out enemy firebases. One airstrike kills it, they should absolutely be taking out enemy firebases.
  5. BeJeeZiS

BeJeeZiS New Member

I always use armor for my gold endorsement which means for the first half of every battle i can take out almost any support with their FB shooting me and still cloak AFTER the grapple. Once they get their hack/FB higher (around midgame) i die just after killing the support. When that happens i just dash back and use the launcher to take out the FB before the support returns.

By endgame, a support with lvl 3 hack/turret is a bad target for an assassin.
    So i grab a support myself, level the AirStrike to 3 and just suicide bomb him and his firebase. Between my shotgun fire and airstrikes, either the FB or the support dies (sometimes both if his FB wasn't fully overhealed). I will usually die in the process too but that's what I want as i don't want to play as a support. I grab my assassin again, run back to his camping spot and kill him or his turret if they survived. If both survived somehow, i work on the other lane for a while and then try the suicide rush with my own support again. But it rarely comes down to a second attempt.

Yes, I use a support to kill a support. Why people have to gripe about it is beyond me. It isn't like you have to play the ENTIRE game as a support or spend more than $550. For $50 more than a single juice buy I can have my own anti-support support, to bring out as often as i like. Much better than wasting the money on one juice IMO.

As far as I know there are NO places on any map where a FB can't be hit by the edges of an airstrike AND the FB is actually preventing my team from reaching the moneyball.
  6. munrock

munrock New Member

It takes 10 seconds to switch classes, and another 10 to switch back.

You might as well use cloak-crit shurikens from distance.