Get charged $$$ to quit?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by nailhead04, September 8, 2010.

1. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

I think a substantial amount of overall cash should be taken from you everytime you quit. Maybe 5000$ or so. As long as they fix the lag issues i cant think of very many reasons to not do something like this. Anyone else hate ragequitters and wanna see something like this implemented?
  2. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Seems harsh, but I would like a penalty for repeated quitters.
  3. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Sounds fair to me, even if you have to quit due to accidental disconnection it's not like it's so much that you can't make it back up in 1-3 games.
  4. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Lol i just hate quitters especially hosts so i've been trying to think of ways to stop it. Maybe lock out of games for 5 minutes or have your # of quits in your protag. If the host mig. is better after patch i won't care as much but it is SO frustrating to play for 14:59 just to have host quit 5 hp before the losing teams moneyball goes down.

Anyways it should be harsh, quitters suck...its not that hard to just suck up a loss and leave the lobby after game. 5k is about what i get in one good game so really you are just losing 1-2 games worth of cash. Cash that would be used just to buy protags so it's really not THAT big of a deal imo.
  5. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

This really wouldn't discourage anyone... I already have all my custom classes and all my protags I want, and I still have tons of cash.
  6. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Yeah just happened again and i have the best idea...just tell me who host is at the start of the match so when they ragequit/**** my game up i can spam them with hatemail.
  7. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Once you get all the custom classes, this really isn't a problem...
  8. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

well **** guys find a way to stop the madness...it is ruining my fun.
  9. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

How about adding a stat to the leaderboards for quitting? Of course, people could just hack that too and make it a joke.

I think a loss of a level per quit might work...I don't think just money would be enough.
  10. Shivers

Shivers New Member

Would locking them from an online game for 30minutes+ be un-feasible? Of course you wouldn't want to punish the select few that legitimately disconnect, not sure if there's any way that you can filter it to people who are repeat offenders in a select time frame....oh well just a thought, probably unrealistic! :lol:
  11. c4lvitron

c4lvitron New Member

This is a problem with every game...Halo, cod, heck even Catan online. I have had so many people quit in Catan when I'm at 9 points or something. And then once one person quits in that game, the game is void. It doesn't even count as a win.

I think that once the patch fixes the host migration, rage quitters won't be as big of a deal. It's just something we have to get over.
  12. Prowler Jesse

Prowler Jesse New Member

this is a good idea on paper but not as easy to implement.

i remember when Gears of War 2 was having quitting issues of epic proportions. they wound up patching in some sort of "you lose xp if you quit thingie" that didnt help at all.

shoot, if i recall in GoW2 there wasnt even an option in the pause menu to quit, you had to dashboard or accept an invite or something. still, people quite constantly. i think the best thing they did was add in the AI player to take the quitters place in the next round or allow other people to join mid game.
    not sure how either of those would help MNC though.
  13. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i like idea of showing how many times you have quit maybe a %
  14. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Unfortunately, it's a pointless discussion until a lot of the lag, team splitting issues etc come up. So maybe whatever penalty comes should have a 1-2 minute grace period to get out for issues such as getting in with known hackers, team split ting (which hopefully gets fixed for real with this patch), or bad lag. Also, taking invites shouldn't cause it either, due to the fact that I am not about to miss out on getting into a team cause I waited till the end of the game (I got enough MNC friends that we could put together 2 teams sometimes so it's one of those 'take the invite now or hold your peace' bits).

As for fixes...only thing that will probably work is a time lockout, but that would suck if you actually did lose your connection for a couple seconds.
  15. Bankshot

Bankshot New Member

Showing a quit game % and adding a kick feature would probably stop/slow the issue.

Also not allowing players to host that have high % quit would be ideal.
  16. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

DO WANT i could derank myself to level 1 and then make ppl look foolish
  17. faits

faits New Member

I quit a while ago because there was a guy on the other team using known exploits, then he got put on my team and I didn't want to play with a cheater on my team.

I also will quit if I'm not playing with friends and I get stuck into a high lag game (if I'm playing with friends in the same situation I'll stick with it unless they want to quit too.)

Don't know how you'd differentiate between legitimate quits like those and someone who is just rage quitting because he sucks/his team sucks.

However, I heartily endorse the idea of tracking host quits and not allowing people who quit while hosting to be host anymore.
  18. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

I've had to quit as a host before because real life comes knocking on my door...or rings on the phone or something. There have also been occasions when I'm playing against people that are clearly using exploits if not straight up cheating and I've quit because of horrible lag.

Sometimes I wonder if people get made after joining a room I'm hosting that I finally quit because I've been playing for 2 hours and am now bored for today.
  19. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

-50 kills for quitting as host 2 times within an hour as host (keep in mind your not always host). And -100 every time after that! (Within the hour).

Sure not a lot of people worry about kills, but it still would be a negative thing about quitting.
  20. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Not untill they fix the terrible lag and dropping hosts please