I am trying to will this game onto the PC

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by folksingingrobot, September 7, 2010.

1. folksingingrobot

folksingingrobot New Member

I was fortunate enough to play MNC at pax east, but alas I do not own a 360. In light of this unfortunate fate I have decided to focus all of my psychic energy into convincing Uber to release MNC on PC. Surely there are tons of people who will agree with me when I say that this game belongs on the PC.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I feel a weird external force telling me to do something... but I can't quite figure out what it is exactly..
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Release the first DLC and patch on 360! Releeeeeeease it!

(Or at least tell Microsoft to hurry up >.>)
  4. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Yeah a PC release would be awesome :cool: i can see this game sell extremely well after DoTa and TF2's populairity.

Also, did you get to play the new map by any chance?
  5. savvon

savvon Member

I am PC gamer and I am a hardcore TF2 player.

This game will not do well on the PC. The mechanics simply would not work for success on the PC.

Just like TF2 is better for the PC than on consoles.

Get an X-Box...it is the future of gaming. ;)
  6. GoldenLink

GoldenLink New Member

I really disagree, but thats an argument for another thread.
  7. folksingingrobot

Yes! It is working.
  8. folksingingrobot

I'm a big of fan of TF2 as well but I do not feel that this is a TF2 clone. Sure it's colorful and cartoony but it melds a few of my favorite genres together. The Xbox certainly isn't in MY future especially considering the rate increase for Xbox live.
  9. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

MCN can definetly work on PC, no reason why it shouldn't really. But its supposed to be an Xbox exclusive and i'm sure M$ paid a good sum to Uber for that, or whatever kinda of deal they made.

And if anything consoles are holding back progress because of their limitations complete lack of easy/cheap to add (custom) content. I like playing on Xbox but it's the past already, the hardware is shockinglu old and we are already overdue for a new gen ;)
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yes, we're all lounging around and swimming in the the truck load of cash we got for an exclusive from MS :) It amazes me the ideas you guys have about game development. I guess if you're a mega giant billion dollar maker like GTA, someone would pay for an exclusive. This being our first title as Uber, we're just happy to ship and make it into Summer of Arcade. Just remember for the handful of mega titles like GTA, COD, Halo, there are thousands of other games that barely get by.
  11. NastyCrustySock

NastyCrustySock New Member

Hey you know all those other mega giant billion dollar makers started out their franchises as games that just barely got by...... Gives you something to shoot for now! ;)
  12. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

:lol: Ok well i just figured they had to make some sort of deal to keep it Xbox Exclusive, with a AAA title like this it made sense for me at least :lol:

Is it hard to port to other platforms or is it just just financially attractive to release on Steam and PSN? To the unknowing (us :p) releasing on more platforms translates into more money.
  13. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

i dont think its going anywhwere cuz it was summer of arcade and soa is all xbox exclusives for ever
  14. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

Summer of Arcade just means the game is supposed to be of good quality :)
    Lots of SoA games are on other platforms aswell ;)!
  15. Godlyipod

Godlyipod New Member

monday night combat would be awesome on pc.
    hardcore pc fan because i hate xbox :D
    so i would buy it :D
  16. savvon

savvon Member

If you hate X-Box...wtf you doing here?

This is an X-Box game...no way will it succeed on PC.

It already is being compared to TF2...you think MNC can compete with TF2?

Think again...

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE MNC (even with the OP sniper and lag), but it cannot compete with TF2 at this time.
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I think MNC can work well on other platforms. Just like we thought s more strategic shooter could work on Xbox.
  18. verticalizd

verticalizd New Member

whats the point its better on the console,as on pc people have to hack the game to win.
  19. stock

stock New Member

That's a ridiculous statement.
  20. NateN34

NateN34 New Member

Yeh, I don't believe it would do so well on the PC. Mouse and keyboard would totally change how the game is played (for example the sniper). Also I hope it never does get ported to the PC, just because how PC act, and think they are the best, above everything else, and also should get everything. It is good on the Xbox. Simple as that.