PAX Prime!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by scathis, September 3, 2010.

1. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

How are the views across the map? To snipe towards the enemy base, would I need to go to the beginning of the S's curve, or further down?
  2. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

There are small paths through the walls that cut from the beginning of the S to the closest portion of the center portion of the S, if that makes any sense.
  3. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

It makes sense, danke.

You know who the sponsor for the arena is?
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We want to thank everyone that stopped by the Uber booth. PAX was busy for us all three days with the daily tournaments, Pitgirl, Giant Bacon, and Pros vs public matches. It was a blast and fun to meet all the fans.

Attached Files:

5. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Grrr Eka, images arnt loading for me T_T. Have to check them out later when their up.... .-.
  6. Kingclove

Kingclove New Member

The glimpse of the new map is such a tease. Could we at least seen the overview.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Spunky Arena, I like it! Also yes that picture is such a tease!

Keep up the great work guys!
    I can't wait for everything. The anticipation is killing me.

That's ok I am a real MNC and UberEnt. fan I can wait. I'd rather you take your time to polish it then to rush it just to please some players.
  8. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

hahah awesome pictures, can't believe i had to miss that.
  9. faits

faits New Member

I played (and lost) in the first round of the first tournament on friday (the excuse of choice is that our team didn't know where the juice was on the map, while the other team had a juiced tank demolish our base so many times he HAD to be buying it). Took an early lead then lost in overtime (so pretty much exactly like playing online)

Didn't care for the new map, which seems like a more cramped version of lazerazor, but it'll probably grow on me once I get to play it more. Appreciate it being playable though.
  10. PigletB12

PigletB12 New Member

I found this video on youtube of the new map from the PAX tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC7YUG37Ob4

It is called Spunky Cola Arena. It looks really small, but it looks really action packed. Looking forward to the DLC. This isn't my video btw.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Hey I know Toneh and Shen from Justin.tv. Nice find though. The new map looks pretty awesome. Filled with lots of action.
  12. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

That map looks very fun and interesting, loving the pillars and hallways. This DLC clearly can't come soon enough!
  13. Show me the Bacon

Show me the Bacon New Member

Double lane down the middle? Awesome! DO WANT. Those pillars look like sweet shortcuts for the more mobile classes.Good thing I play as assault.
  14. MindOverMayhem

MindOverMayhem New Member

Well if it's any consolation, you guys put up a much better fight than the Icemen we fought in the Friday finals.

As for me being in your base, killing your turrets, its so easy for the gunner and the tank to get into the base and to begin wholesale massacre, especially if the opposing team is trying to push the bots forward on the ground. The top platform that connects both bases pass through none of the turrets range, and the only defense that can be established are either a counter push onto your side of the platform, or around-the-corner firebases.

The pillars were an interesting addition to the map, but the only one that I saw that could reach the top for a surprise attack was the assault and the assassin. I came up short trying to jetpack charge as the tank over to it from the top platform. Probably best for the assassin so she can stealth for the surprise attack or for a smoke bomb retreat platform, as the middle of the S-shaped arena can get packed full of pros and bots very quickly.
  15. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Hopefully that's resolved in the final map. I'm of the opinion that the turrets actually could use more health or to not have juice affect the damage. Right now turrets are only a minor annoyance.