assassin post nerf anti-support strategy

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by scyfed, September 6, 2010.

1. scyfed

scyfed New Member

so you have got a support camping out with his firebase in the left lane obstructing your bots? spawn some gremlins in the left lane cloak and follow them. as soon as your gremlins are about to attack him smoke bomb the turret and start hacking at it. with enough luck the gremlins will keep the support (and hopefully the turret when its un-smoked) occupied while you destroy his turret. then just kill him at your leisure ( if you can)
  2. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

or try it and get yourself and said gremlins airstriked and shotgunned in the face.....
  3. scyfed

scyfed New Member

not if you play it smart, most supports backpedal a lot when running from gremlins spamming their shotguns, so far in fact that there out fire base range. in which you can simply back grapple them. and an air strike doesnt come out immediately
  4. RAGE I V3NOM

RAGE I V3NOM New Member

Or let the sniper/gunner/tank/assault/ take care of it. Or buy/earn juice. I've just given two more sensible options.
  5. scyfed

scyfed New Member

juice costs 500$ though and it is a lot tougher to get just to kill some support, my idea costs 100$ maybe 2 if you wanna spawn 2
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Am I the only person who constantly destroy's hacked fire bases by Shooting them with the Asn shurikens? FBs are stationary targets, which means its fairly easy to bank shot them with the launcher. Even if the support stays there and constantly heals it, he is just feeding you easy juice to go smash his base with/juice launcher his fire base. (Juiced Asns are WAAAAY more dangerous than juiced supports).

You can easily dodge any counter the Support player has to this strat. If he leaves his FB to come get you, he should never catch you, and expose will himself to the rest of your team (or a smoke bomb back grapple combo away from his fire base). The Asn is the fastest character, which makes dodging his air strikes a breeze.

The gremlin thing could work, but there are cheaper solutions.
  7. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

personally im never rollin by myself so i never really have to worry..worst comes too,As already said ill just back pedal spamming my shotty but leading em straight to my HG buddy who then smash's them 2 piece's.. plus im usually hovering around base with more than enough firepower lying around and the hurt/heal gun is surprisingly effective against the lil bugger 's once they uncloak
  8. munrock

munrock New Member

Back grappling a backpedalling, bunny-hopping, shotgun-firing support is never 'simple'.
  9. mipegg

mipegg New Member

In practically every position theres a way to jump down behind. Jump behind, smoke bomb+grapple then run and shuriken the turret from a distance
  10. RAGE I V3NOM

RAGE I V3NOM New Member

Or this ^. Option 3, use you're ranged weapon.

Generally spending money on bots to take out one person defeats the point. The turret will destroy the gremlins as soon as they are exposed. It's a waste of money...
  11. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

I use range to destroy them. Post-nerf I'll probably do the same thing. Doing what you suggest would probably get me killed 9 times out of 10 even if I was 'smart about it'.

Smoke Bombs don't last long enough on support turrets and the gremlins won't last. Have you even tested your strat? If you're getting positive results then you must be playing against some really stupid supports.

By the way, I hate on 12 year olds because the majority of that gaming community are annoying little brats who whine and complain about whatever game they are playing. Pissing on my grave in 20 years? I doubt this.
  12. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

>implying that 90% of adults don't act like 12 year olds.
  13. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Ive been playing lately w/o using the recloak to get used to it

The best strat to kill a firebase/support camping I have found is.....

Buy or build a full juice bar, then hack them both to bits or drop a shuriken clip into it while juiced

Honestly, that is the ONLY way a sin will take out a good support camping a FB

/thread
  14. munrock

munrock New Member

That costs time or money.

Using the shuriken launcher gets you juice rather than spends it.
  15. scyfed

scyfed New Member

you guys realise that the support gets juice for healing he turret to? and i THINK he gets it faster than you do. also it was a pretty generalized idea that could be further improved on, was more of a 'hey ill just throw this out here' than a 'this idea is so awesome everyones gonna love it and i spent so much time on it!'

also, my sig is a read between the lines sorta thing, it wont change peoples opinions that are dumb enough to not understand it
  16. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

either way.. your idea sucked and your sig sucks too....
  17. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

lol according to him it is ....He's apparently a freaking ninja master
  18. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

I do tend to just shuriken them, but it's probably worth noting that turrets tend to be overlooking bot lanes so you can likely just wait until the turret starts shooting some then go for the grapple. Hopefully it shouldn't switch targets and the bots last longer than your grapple animation :p
  19. scyfed

scyfed New Member

well if you cant do this strat it probably means your a bad assassin. or you have bad latency issues
  20. scyfed

scyfed New Member

pretty good adaptation. i wish most of the community where like you and offering stuff like this instead of OMFG YOU SUCK SO BAD THIS IS THE WORST STRAT EVER!!!11