why are the supports so overpowered?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by mainvity1, September 6, 2010.

1. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

why why?! tell me why u think theyre overpowered
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

firebase is too small of a target and can be placed in some ridiculous spots
  3. quaddile

quaddile New Member

2-3 hit shotgun
    instakill airstrike
    lvl3 hacked-firebase has a really long range
    I'm pretty sure there's another forum on this topic though, you should go there.
  4. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

link please?
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

6. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Firebase is fine.
    Airstrike needs tonning down. Mabye each level only throws one but as each level goes up range is better and less cooldown. Just to stop 3 being spammed.
    Hurt ray works in high lag. Be less efficety in the patch with RoF and less lag shots. I say less range.
  7. amt alis

amt alis New Member

My biggest problem with the support is that they are **** 'ING HARD TO HIT. **** 'ing italian jumping beans.
  8. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Thought they were swiss :eek:
  9. Cryzer

Cryzer New Member

i think the range is fine, actually, ive allways thought it was a bit short... ive had many situations where i couldve used just 10 cm more to reach that annoying assault that kept jumping around... lol
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

when you're being chased by it, it feels like it has a long range
  11. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

i thought the were french jumping beans
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

The firebase is problematic within the context of the overall package.

Airstrike spam is something I enjoy, because when someone throws all three at me and misses, I know he's all out.

Except this one guy who did eight in a minute, but I'm pretty sure he was just cheating.

Otherwise, I love airstrike spam. It's only really called for in specific circumstances (Making sure a turret or FB dies, perhaps), and rarely used there.
  13. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

While not officially confirmed, I think that once the hurt gun has "attached" to you, you're slowed and its range is increased. So, it's harder to escape once active, but also hard to make active (due to range).

If you're complaining about getting Airstriked (striken?)... pay more attention. It makes a loud noise when it's near you. Move away or under a bridge. If it's stuck to you, move under a bridge. If your an assault or tank nearby and it's stuck on your, charge before it strikes and it'll miss you.
  14. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

I play a lot of support, although I play a lot of multiple classes. It depends on my team and the other team.

But 1 thing that comes to mind on support is running in circles around a firebase healing it as it heals me. I don't think the firebase really needs to be healing anyone imo.

Airstrikes are fine and I find avoiding them to be fun.
    Last edited: September 6, 2010
  15. mipegg

mipegg New Member

I really dont get why people like moaning about the support in this. Iv never heard any complaints in game (xbox version), I enjoy playing him but hes also not hard to beat. Its only when you get a good support that hes an issue. But thats the same with any good class. Sounds like there are alot of butt hurt people on this forum who simply dont know how to fight one
  16. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

no one complains on the xbox were talking to uber not u
  17. munrock

munrock New Member

When supports see me close to them, I just cloak. It's too much time and effort trying to kill them. And it's in those situations when you see it: 9 times out of 10 the guy just bounces around tapping his hurt gun. It doesn't lock because I'm cloaked, so he just bounces around with a red light flashing. He'd rather risk getting grabbed than switch to the shotgun, because he knows how much damage he's guaranteed to do if I decloak and miss. Not even an airstrike attempt for the first ten seconds of mad hopping.

It's usually more efficient to walk away and destroy some bots or take out his firebase with shuriken. But players like that really don't deserve to survive.
  18. Cryzer

Cryzer New Member

i thought you were talking about me untill you named "for 10 seconds" lol
    ive never tapped the Heal/Hurtgun for more than 3 seconds, the Assassin either runs away or grapple me or otherwise get uncloaked :p
  19. munrock

munrock New Member

Out of intrest, is it better in your experience to defend against assassins with heal/hurt rather than shotgun? And does that change if you're near/far from your firebase?
  20. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

Rah rah rah. Soo many people complain about the support. It's ridiculous. Support is NOT that good of a class. I should know. It's the only one that I play. People are just stupid. I don't think for one second that I have a 3.2 K/D as a support because I'm amazing. The level of competition in this game is quite low.

Hacking / Firebase : Sure. These are good skills if you're all playing an assassin so you can sit in a corner all game and wait. However, if you just ask a gunner/assault to start spamming grenades/mortars at zee firebase .. it's dead in no time, even with the support latching onto it with the support skill fully upgraded.

Airstrikes : Amagawd. Deal with it. Use your ears or get underneath something. You've always got a warning that an airstrike is nearby.

And for those who complain that the support is too strong in the close range .. you could always just back up ..? A gunner/assault will kill a support long before he/she gets close enough to do any real damage [with the exception of the airstrike] and the tank will one-shot a support with the charge.

It's unreal how much they've nerfed the support in this update just so assassins and below-average players don't have to think while they play. Totally unnecessary. Now, as a support, I'll have to waste an endorsement spot to make my H/H to do what it already does .. And I won't be able to play as an actual support as well because they nerfed the only skill that didn't really affect other players that much - the hack.

Roar. Nonsense.