PAX Prime!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by scathis, September 3, 2010.

1. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

A new map??? Grr now I cant wait any longer for that DLC XD
  2. JerCKY

JerCKY New Member

Yeah, is this being released anytime soon? Like this week, perhaps? :p
  3. banaqior

banaqior New Member

It will probably come in the DLC whenever that is going to be. I couldn't see it coming in an Update. Hope it comes out soon, though. Would love to see this new map.
  4. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Someone should upload a vid of the new map =D?
  5. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Has the new map been reveiled yet?
  6. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Machinima with Uber at PAX.

5:45 they start talking with Uber, sadly theres no map reveal or anything but its cool to see the booth and a small interview with EKA XD
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Eka seemed a little frazzled with the intro. lol Nice little interview though....sadly the map on the screens in the backround isn't the new one.

I have never wanted more info for a single map like this before! I just want to see it or maybe the name of it!? lol
  8. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

Saw the new map today, it looks really fun, its quite tight and small, always a lot of action.

I'll see if I can grab a pic of it tomorrow for you guys, and hopefully get in to one of those tourneys :p those things filled up really fast the last two days.
  9. DeadStretch

I'd give you a hug if you did so TheJackalMan. :D

Good luck on entering the toruny!
  10. TranceAddix

TranceAddix New Member

I saw the picture with the boxes of statues and they looked so cool. Can't wait to do some heavy shopping on the Uber store :D
  11. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Did you catch the name of the map?
  12. Chosen Predator

Chosen Predator New Member

Those guys doing the interview seem like massive douchebags jeez
  13. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

First off, awesome PAX this year.

Secondly, yay for meeting the Devs. :mrgreen: I was wearing the ammo/bacon shirt on Sunday and commenting on the firebase below moneyball tactic which no longer works. Of course I don't expect to be remembered, I don't tend to stand out.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting some of the team behind everyone's favorite game. If you're reading this guys, I may have avoided eye contact... I need to work on talking to people.

Anywho, here are some pics of the guys and MNC booth.

Booth:
    [​IMG]

Booth + Incredible PitGirl
    [​IMG]
    I didn't have the nerve to ask for a photo from her... she was only there Saturday :(

Announcer:
    [​IMG]
    I was the one that commented to him about Pitgirl and he told me a little story behind that costume. Exact details escape me, so I won't bother to repeat them, lest I be called a liar.
    Does anyone know who this dapper fellow actually is?

ShadowStorm:
    [​IMG]

Unnamed programmer (Forest) + Ekanaut + Neutrino
    [​IMG]

The new map is great, very compact, keeps the action concentrated. Think figure "S" + usual alternate routes. I didn't take photos since it would be hard to show off the map that way.
    Last edited: September 6, 2010
  14. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

Sorry I didn't post any pics, the above post beat me to it anyway :p That Unnamed programmer is Forest, the guy you see in the feedback and issues forum.

As for tournament results, I did have some good luck and was placed with a great team on Sunday. We plowed through our first game @3, then moved on to the final round @5 and managed another win on the new map!

Afterward we took on the Dev Team and managed to fend them off for 7-9 minutes before they handed us our asses on a silver platter.

For winning the first round we got MNC T-shirts (I opted for a hat having picked up a t-shirt earlier in the show) and for winning the final round we each received a Pit Girl Statue, and I've got to say its a lot sexier in real life.

All in all a really good PAX showing, people who hadn't seen it before seemed to really enjoy it (even if their team had 4 assassins :p) and I'd end up periodically stopping at the booth and either helping some of the stragglers get a handle on the class they chose or Explaining the game to people who were watching. Good Times.

Can't wait for next year's PAX already!
  15. DeadStretch

Thanks for the pics HostileParadox and the "little" info on the new map. Oh and we get to see what Neutrino looks like....yea I'm not giving off the creepy stalker vibe... :lol:

TheJackalMan, congrats with the tournament. You lucky dog got a Pitgirl statue!! I am surprised noone has/asked for autographs.
  16. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

Ugh. I totally want that swag. Any chance of opening up a little online shop for T-shirts and the like? I want an ammo mule loading screen shirt so bad. XD

Anyway how'd the game go over with the Pax crowd? I'm interested in hearing more about the new map too.
  17. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Map is S shaped. Turret nubs surrounding each base. None in the center area. Map has 2 levels. There is only 1 path bots can take, it follows the S shape of the map. Control the bridge over the middle, you control the map. There is the center path, two additional entrances on either side, and of course, you can just go through the 2nd floor instead.
  18. DeadStretch

UberEnt. are in the process of setting up an online store. Don't worry it's coming. :)
  19. TheJackalMan

TheJackalMan New Member

Yeah, thanks to the size of the map, the annihilator and bouncers are extremely useful.
  20. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Sounds cool, cant wait to check it out =D