2012 Private Match Community

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, January 31, 2012.

1. joker

joker Active Member

a call for new ppl to play slayer classes. id like to play more support assassin and tank as well as other ppl who generally play slayers. the occasional new player who is decent at slayers is good but lately one player at a time wants to try a slayer and finds themselves in a bad situation being the clear mismatch on the front line.

this has been addressed before but unless it is a stacked lobby or scrim, we should try swapping roles around a bit more
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I really need a terrible Gunner to play against.
  3. Typical Knave

Typical Knave New Member

You can play Gunner against me any time Jon, I'm pretty awful! I don't mind to play it, I do so in pubs a lot but doing it in privates usually means I get rolled pretty quickly.

I don't mind to play slayer classes sometimes too, but it's like you said, playing them against people who know what they're doing gets frustrating very fast and just leaves the entire team pissed off that they don't have a gunner after the first 3-4 minutes.
  4. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

You've got a deal, Knave! :)
  5. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

Me?
  6. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I accept that challenge...
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Very much appreciated guys!

I just need to get my most recent connection issues sorted out... :|
  8. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I'd like to try tank a few times, just don't shout at me too much if i'm doing the wrong thing (Chron) :?
  9. teapot

teapot Post Master General

there are some players who could really benefit from some constructive criticism in multiple classes.

I must see potential in people that nobody else does... Lucky Slick could be easily molded into a great assault, a good sniper, and probably a really good gunner. He never plays gunner so of course he's gonna get stomped by miracle's gunner in a private match... but you may be surprised and find out that he can claw better than miracle. He's been doing it since halo 2 so if someone wants to help him out with his positioning/decision making, we could have another good option for gunner.

His accuracy is on with the sniper. He played very passive against H&S but you can't expect much when playing such an aggressive team. He's able to land shots and get some headshots, but he hasn't been exposed to ice trap positioning or the containment aspect of the game.

Crazysquirrel could use work on support. He manages to build juice and get kills, but has trouble focusing on healing.

Gorgamon seemed like he's solid on a couple different classes. A little fine tuning could probably go a long way with him.

Jake's assassin is definitely private match capable. A lot of assassin's could really use a crash course in ball pushing and using juice properly.
  10. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

I can help people out on weekends if Jeff doesn't / can't help people with Gunner (not much to really teach game wise, mainly accuracy and an IQ over 10).

James Melledy was fairly good on assault. Good positioning and overall aim.
  11. joker

joker Active Member

I gotta disagree with the lucky slick gunner and better than miracle clawing. He's been doing it maybe longer than miracle but there is noticeable aim difference. He is more than welcome to keep playing and improving but his other classes are miles ahead of his gunner. Slick also needs to fix his assault build it puts up a ton of chippy assists but against a good front line it gets him steamrolled because he can't finish kills
  12. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Slick and Squirrel both call out a bunch, and their game-play is pretty good for how little they've played. Also, Bkitko is pretty good on assault and assassin when he isn't trolling.
  13. joker

joker Active Member

Yepp I agree with all of this as well. I love when people communicate. I played a bunch of support today it's nice to get a total view of how others perform when there aren't other "star slayers" basically to help them out. Knaves gunner does pretty well, bk has a better sniper than I thought he just needs to move up more
  14. bkitko73

bkitko73 New Member

But then I said,"That's not the assassin that's my grandma!."
    People I feel have potential, NOT OMINOUS SATOSHI!!!,but I say squirrel is actually learning to be better, but I can't say the same for slick, he seems to take all criticism as trolling but w/e hopefully he will learn.
  15. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

So I heard Chron has been spamming me with MNC invites all week. :p

Hasn't been me on my xbox for the most part, friend has been playing a lot. Was loaded with exams this week and even more this upcoming week (midterms and finals). I'll start to play a bit more after Wednesday.
  16. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Probably won't try tank again due to my connection. Product grenade's lagging, charging 2 feet / hitting people and nothing happening, Jetgun not working 90% of the time and death blossoms doing no damage make me sad :(

I think i'll go back to Support, or Gunner if I feel like we need more slaying power.
  17. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

Not to mention you get blamed for stuff that isn't your fault. HAHA.
  18. teapot

I clawed for a long time prior to MNC, but it still took me a couple months to figure out the best way to utilize clawing as the gunner. It's more than just running around and aiming, there's a lot of decision making and positioning to consider. I'm saying that once he get's more than one game under one of the best gunners in a private match, he may have some pretty good potential. To judge him on that game isn't really fair.

As far as lucky slick not listening to criticism, it's because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SUCKS at giving constructive criticism. I don't have any problems getting him to focus on different things at different times. In fact he listens a lot better than a couple of the vet's who have been around. Telling someone they are a retard for not going after the sniper doesn't do anything other than start an argument. Asking why the **** is my support not healing me isn't gonna change anything.

Telling someone to do something also limits it to almost a one time deal. It won't stick in their mind for the duration of the game. Explaining why will help them understand that you aren't just complaining about something, and if it makes enough sense it will register.
  19. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

We don't suck at giving criticism they never understand what we mean when someone says 'kill the sniper" and they don't that normally means they are manacorporation, bad, or really dumb. You can only make it more obvious for someone to do something before it actually happens.
  20. teapot

"Kill the sniper"... that doesn't register in an assaults mind that he has to regularly make that a priority. There's no doubt in my mind that you guys suck at giving criticism. People have decided to quit private matches, or this game completely as a whole from it.

Explaining to a new support that you need to be overhealed all the time because you take most of the damage up front, and that the gunner you have to defeat for map control will be overhealed is a lot more effective than yelling at him because you don't know where he is. It still takes time for the person to get the movements down, but that's expected.

Tell the assault to focus on the sniper because he's shooting explosive rounds at the bots and we can't push, or is containing mid map with ice traps. Tell him to bomb him off, or catch him by surprise. If the gunner is dominating tell him to try and separate the support from him with a bomb and try to harass/finish him off.

I understand not a lot of people want to go around explaining every little thing they should be doing. If that's the case then shut the **** up because not only do you choose to not explain how to do something, but now I have to listen to you bitch about it all game. You guys may not want to explain these things, but it does produce results.

Most of us are a bunch of veteran players who learned almost everything there is learn already. We have almost a year of public matches under our belt, and close to 6 months or more of private matches which furthered our competitive skills.

We are now trying to teach players who have under 6 months pub experience and under 1-2 months private match experience. This game is still fairly fresh to them and I think there is a ridiculous amount of awareness that burden's the assault.