Assassins are getting nerfed so hard!!...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by EnlistedThalim, September 2, 2010.

1. EnlistedThalim

EnlistedThalim New Member

Stop crying.

Stealth in, smoke bomb turrets/firebase, grapple, stealth, walk away from turrets/firebase.
  2. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

That works, if you want to die.

Smoke doesn't last enough if you want to live, though.
  3. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

Does the smoke last long enough to destroy 1 turret? Just curious.
  4. ActiveHate

ActiveHate New Member

Smoke bomb lasts long enough to usually take down the target turret. Sometimes it takes more then 1 smoke bomb though so if the turret starts to fire cloak run around the corner and wait for smoke bomb to recover. Smoke bomb comes back pretty fast even at level 1 so it's not that difficult. You can also just smoke bomb jump up and get height advantage on your enemies base. Once you're up there just start throwing Shurikens down from above. The assassin is a very effective class when played CORRECTLY.
  5. kamakun

kamakun New Member

Or the Gunner can come in and destroy Turrets infinitely safer, quicker, and easier.
  6. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

It doesn't keep it stunned, but I think you can get a rockit turret into the yellow before it starts killing you in like 3 shots.
  7. EnlistedThalim

EnlistedThalim New Member

I'm talking about the assassins all crying about "Now we can't stealth while grappling so we can't attack people in bases." Smoke bomb gives you just enough time to grapple the victim and possibly lunge to finish him off, then re-stealth.
  8. ActiveHate

ActiveHate New Member

Any Assassin who cries about their class simply fails at the game and should play a different class.
  9. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Or you can try using shurikens....
  10. ActiveHate

ActiveHate New Member

Shurikens are so underrated it's not even funny...I can't tell you how many Assassins I've seen running around just trying to grapple and use the sword completely ignoring the fact that they have a ranged weapon.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I'll tell you what... I play Tank and Assassins don't scare me much but if I see their stars coming from a direction I am not looking I panic. An Assassins can't OHK a tank but if they shuriken before grappling I am dead. A Tank frantically jumping around means he's in Panic mode and that's what I do in a situation like that. :lol:
  12. scyfed

scyfed New Member

smoke bomb takes so long to activate its not even funny, then you have to run up and grapple them, and the biggest flaw of all, smoke bomb can disable 1 turret, but not the other 3 shooting you while you flail around trying to grapple the support thats just bunnyhopping with heal/hurt gun.
  13. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Exactly this ^^^^

You will NOT take down a lvl 1 rokit turret within a smokebomb even with the sword
    You will get it to red at most asuming you lunge into it from cloak before smoking

Same thing with firebases

The animation for smokebomb needs to be shortened imo
  14. DUDE98678

DUDE98678 New Member

This. (plural) So.. These^^^
  15. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Oh good, the "You're doing it wrong" canard.
  16. kingdom

kingdom New Member

I don't get what all the ranting is for, i mean all they are realy doing is taking out 1 EXPOINT that was not intended for the game. The assassian is an anti person class not an anti turret, that would be the gunners mortar gun. If a firebase needs killing get a tank, gunner, assault, or support to do it.
  17. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Its because that Exploit was able to keep the Assassin alive when she decided to grapple kill you next to your Firebases/Turrets.

Though Assassin is considered a Anti turret class as well. Once she juiced them turrets will fall as quickly as the french fell to Germany back in WW2.
  18. Warskull

Warskull New Member

I do it all the time. If you have gold or silver RoF you can tear down lvl 1 rockets with a lvl 1 dagger and smoke bomb as long as they aren't over healed. You should always have at least silver RoF with assassin. Your dagger/sword build juice fast and RoF makes it incredibly quick. With gold RoF, you can get full juice from empty just by meleeing bullseye.

Gold RoF + smokebomb can take down pretty much any turret except overhealed+hacked lazer blazers and heavily overhealed rockets.

Try using:
    Gold: Rate of Fire
    Silver: Armor
    Bronze: Movement Speed

Noobs are attracted to assassin and most of them are absolutely terrible at it. They think its underpowered.
  19. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

You lie good sir, the shuriken gun will tear apart lazer blazers and long shots, and wreck a non-supported firebase, people seem to forget that she gets a full crit clip when firing from cloak level 3.

Assassins can destroy whatever the want, mine has gold armor, silver skill recovery, and bronze speed, and i can easily run in, get a kill on any pro or turret, dip out, kill bots, get rid of another pro/turret, juice, destroy their whole base, and laugh
  20. DelVega

DelVega New Member

It wasn't intended but that doesn't mean it wasn't intelligent and essential.

This game involves ALOT of pros camping. Effectively.

Example: Support healing a turret beneath an overpass. his hacked turret can prevent bots on both lanes from proceeding. This can be very problematic for "some" classes because they have to expose themselves in order to attack the firebase. Not to mention the fact that there could be an overhealed gunner protecting them.

An assassin was able to sneak past the gunner and "assassinate" the support and cloak preventing death from the firebase.

This is what being an assassin is about. (Shurikens are still an option but nowhere near as quick, accurate and deadly as the assassination. close to mid range the firebase will target you. As for long range insert Sniper >here< lol)

This makes the firebase and all his teammates more vulnerable and easier to kill.

Resulting in both your lanes being free to proceed.

After the update, the assassin will no longer be viable in many situations as an assassin further limiting their role.

Thats not a "fix" and thats why many "good" assassin aren't happy with the change.