Most Overpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 23, 2010.

?

What is the most overpowered class?

1. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Assault

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Gunner

53 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Support

155 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Sniper

92 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

111 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Goose

Goose Active Member

If that were true then your statement should read: 'Guys, I am a grammar nazi.'
  2. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Nazi should have a capital N as it is a name of a group.
  3. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

Fixed.
  4. Vuther

Vuther New Member

HEIL, MEIN GRAMMAR!
  5. SuperEvilDOOM

SuperEvilDOOM New Member

I think Support is noticeably overpowered, but that's pretty much it. There are a few nerfs that could help everyone else, but Support is just too all around good.
  6. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

Personally i do not feel the Support is overpowered, just more easy to play well with for less skilled people. The same reason why the Assassin is considered underpowered by a lot of people.
    So when someone with less skill plays the Support, he will do better than with the Assassin. I believe them to be equal when the player is good. And i believe the Assassin to be stronger when the player is excellent.
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

That is what I like to call an "incomplete sentence fragment".
  8. VagaBond007

VagaBond007 New Member

9. Goose

Goose Active Member

DAMN!!!!!

Touche i guess...
  10. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

not enuff grammar naziiis 1oneoneoneone11!1!1!!!2one1
  11. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I wasn't talking about the grapple, I was talking about the lunge (right bumper).

Rawfulll, 6 supports was kinda funny before they changed the bot spawn timer, but now it's just asking for a beat down.... just like 6 of any class.
  12. Mister A

Mister A New Member

the gunners accuracy is ridiculous. nerf it already
  13. m0nkeyb0y77

m0nkeyb0y77 New Member

Are you assuming that all gunners are using Gold Accuracy?
  14. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

Every class has a feasible way to deal with any other class in every situation.

Except Assassin vs Sniper.

If the sniper is good enough, it is 100% impossible for assassin to deal with the sniper, the freeze traps drain her grapple and all her skills, and since she is close range exclusive. She loses.

Oh wait, she can shoot shurikens at the sniper!

SHURKIEN VS SNIPER RIFLE!
    LONG RANGE MATCH!
    GO!

Not to mention that sniper grapple is an OHKO even with gold armor endorsement and fully overhealed by a support.

I wonder why the best long range class gets the strongest close range grapple in conjunction with another skill that completely shuts out the best close range class.

I think the knockback is enough, the damage should be toned down quite a bit.

Its like the assassin having the ability to headshot and scope with her shurikens. Sure that would go over well :| .
  15. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

That's just not true. Those traps have a tiny trigger radius, and you have the means to evade any trap because you don't need to use jump pads to get to high up areas. Try looking at the ground more when you want to sneak up on a sniper. Invisibility should give you plenty of time to do so.
  16. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

How can you evade 3 traps placed right ON the sniper? The only way would be to not kill the sniper at all... Which would mean he's right.
  17. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

You are 100 percent wrong. I will give examples.

Assassin vs Tank
    or
    Support vs Tank
  18. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

And now your statement is not true.. By playing both an Assassin and a Sniper, as a Sniper you will eventually have 3 traps, by which you can place them in such a way where an Assassin would not be able to get close to you without triggering them, and the radius is big enough where you can have the radius' overlap making it a 100% chance for it to trigger if you are going for the Sniper as an Assassin. Also with placements of walls in such maps, a Sniper may have his back to a wall at all times which would mean never a back grapple by an Assassin, just a front grapple which then would be countered by the Sniper's which will win every time. I'm a good Assassin and a good Sniper and i must tell you, no matter how good you are, a good sniper will always beat a good assassin.
    As a sniper, the only fear for me is another Sniper, i have only died once by an Assassin by a Sniper, and that 1 time was because i left the safety of my traps to buy the Annihilator.
  19. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

I was at a push TBH. I usualy find in the right hands any class can be top of the boards and mash you up in seconds. But i put my vote down as, when played well, the class I find annoyingly hard to kill, and thats Gunner. Those dual machine guns mince you up in seconds and the AoE blast radius to that slam ability (i think its called) is obscene when maxed out!
  20. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

And now I'll counter your argument. First this is a team game not a solo sport. Team play assassins will jump on a tank's head and his friend will shoot him down to 1% life.... and the grapple kills him. Nice job team!

The support doesn't need help to kill a tank if he is near his hacked firebase. The shotgun is a lethal close range weapon that most supports apparently leave in their locker. Shotgun+ turret = dead tank. If neither individual has speed then the support has just enough mobility to avoid the tank's death spin.