4th Level Upgrades -You Were Thinking About It

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by marcotte, September 2, 2010.

1. marcotte

marcotte New Member

While my brother hoards the 360, I figured I'd do this because I'm crazy.

Level 4 Upgrades - you can pick one, and only one of the four, for a character, per match. 800 or 1000 bucks. Maybe even more. Either way - leave suggestions and your own ideas, or, you know, troll the crap out of this topic, whatever tickles ya.

Support:

Passive: Second Overheal Bar that drains quickly, but improves offensive capabilities of the subject.
    Firestorm: I know people will hate even making a suggestion to make Firestorm more powerful than it already is, but Shaveice mimicry would be worth the extra cash.
    Airstrike: Immune to your own airstrike damage. (Grrrr.)
    Hack: Again, a great ability with little to improve. A level 4 hack would make a turret cheaper to upgrade, maybe? Maybe you could be able to hack Empty Nubs instead of built turrets, or simply Jam them from being used for a duration.

Assassin:

Passive: Two Swords. Oh yeah. I went there. That, or a doublejump ability.
    Dash: Go faster, go longer, and when your dash starts, there's an initial extra burst of speed to get you the hell outta dodge.
    Smokebomb:The smoky cloud lingers - obviously, the radius is a little broader, and has a health sapping Poison effect that's like being on Fire. but on the inside.
    Cloak: Group Cloak - hide a batch of Pros and bots within a short radius of you.

Assault:

Passive: Rapid-fire grenade launcher.
    Jets: Ability to adjust your altitude and fly higher than before.
    Grenade: Scatterfield - deploys a fistful of remote mines in a scattered burst to carpet a more sizable area.
    Dash: The throw now grabs the target Pro, and hurls him at the nearest hostile to damage two fools with one blow.

Gunner:

Passive: Mortar Rounds can detonate prematurely by pressing D-Pad Left
    Deploy: Ammo Regeneration?
    Slam: Double-Slam - Press X once to start a slam, then press it again within 3 seconds to do a second pound. This helps against jet-users and people who mash the A button like they're half-frog.
    Grapple: As with the Assault, a level 4 grapple will pitch the target at the Gunner's nearest next opponent.

Tank:

Passive: Who can say no to even more health and an armor upgrade?
    Charge: Causes Burn to all nearby targets, and streaks for a much longer distance.
    Product Grenade: Longer blindness / turret shutdown, larger radius, press X a second time to detonate the grenade early, remotely.
    Deploy: Face Shield. Health Regeneration to 50% Overheal.Hell, even just the face shield is worth it, that fat, exposed skull is what gets 'em killed so much.

Sniper:

Passive: Uranium Rounds - victims nicked by a Sniper Bullet (Not the explosion that's a side effect of Sniper 3) suffer Skill Drain.
    Flak: Rollerflak - The tossed Flakball either floats in a straight line, or rolls and bounces along the ground.
    Traps: Can this ability really get much better? Probably. Increased freeze duration, or, perhaps he stops throwing them like a limp-wristed prissy and gets a little more distance in tossing them?
    Grapple: See other Grapple suggestions.
  2. Louis010

Louis010 New Member

i think i would actually have to play assasain just for group cloak :p
  3. marcotte

marcotte New Member

It just seems so dirty, but if you had to pick one of the 4 upgrades, Group Cloak is the Team Way of doing things.
  4. Show me the Bacon

Show me the Bacon New Member

Throwing grapple victims at others wouldn't be that great, because most of the time you won't see multiple people in a group, and that would deny you the ability to ring out most of the time. Maybe charge could give you some damage resistance and go a longer distance for level 4.