1. itskrislol

itskrislol New Member

Few things, and I'm not going to quote everyone

- You don't level up in demo mode.
    - I don't remember B:TD giving you 60 minutes (unless they changed it)
    - 30 minutes of gameplay gives (as someone said) roughly 2 full games of play, which is roughly 5 minutes per class. While upping it to 60 would give you a (IMO, better) 10 minutes with each class, I think 5 minutes is more than enough time.
    - Demo-Only online play would be ideal I think because then everyone playing with you is the same level.
    - The idea of the 2nd chance, while it seems like a good idea, I don't see how it would really work. As almost everyone here has said, if you played the demo you either purchased the game or not, I'd make the argument that those who didn't purchase the game then deleted the demo and would probably not redownload a game that they didn't like for their first 30 minutes. The reason behind this is because, those who did want more typically were the people who purchased the game.

For me, 30 minutes was enough time for me to really want the game, but unsure if I wanted to spend the $15 for it. And I think for most people that is what it came down to, price, not the amount of time they had in the demo
  2. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Thank you, the most consice and well written response yet!

My only argument to that would be, what have uber got to lose?
  3. Chimpotle

Chimpotle New Member

Since upping it to 60 actually involves making a change, the better question is "What do they have to gain?" Obviously, not much.
  4. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

Ah, but as someone earlier mentioned, what if your friends barely get to try their classes cause they get totally smashed by a very good opposing team? Crappy luck for sure, but it could easily happen.

Then they got no time left and decide not to buy the game because they didn't get to try enough.

So, "What do they have to gain?"

Only potential customers.

I personally think it should be two hour demo. Why? Because 2hours is a nice amount of time for anyone to get hooked. What do they have to lose? I can't see anyone getting bored of a game in its first two hours.
  5. itskrislol

itskrislol New Member

I think that by upping the time AT ALL uber stands to possibly lose actual paying customers.

Look at it this way: You release this demo with NO ONLINE PLAY to give people a feel for the game, however it has local MP (at best 2v2). It's a terrible idea, because no one would be able to play it online and get a feel for 6v6. So you release a 30 minute demo to give people a "small taste" (which, by the way, is what a demo is supposed to do). Let's say 60% don't buy it, 40% do (those probably aren't the real numbers).

Now in making the demo 60, 90, 120, etc. you are giving people more time to play your game for free online. Those numbers (60/40) could change in either direction. The point isn't to give people as much free time in hopes that they'll eventually buy it, the goal is to give them enough to want to play more and then they will buy it.

That hour could firmly set someone's mind to where they DEFINATELY don't want the game, but if the demo was only 30 minutes they might be tempted to buy the game just to see if it gets better once they've leveled. I'm sure Uber honestly doesn't care that they didn't like the game. Sure they're disappointed, but who cares because they have your money (when they might not have if the demo was longer).

Yes you could make the argument against my entire reasoning, but then we'd just be talking in circles. And you should also consider that it is someone's job to decide these things and if Uber felt differently, they would have changed it to what they felt was appropriate.
  6. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

No no you didnt understand what I said.

You dont up the demo to 1 Hour (thus risking turning people away as you said). They obviously have some sort of console log as to who has used their 30 mins, obviously HASNT bought the game and now cannot play. Wipe that slate clean so their 30 min timer resets. Anyone new still only gets 30 mins to lure them in. And gives a 2nd chance to those people who were undecided.

can only result in more sales.
  7. Chimpotle

Chimpotle New Member

People actually keep a demo installed after they play it and decide not to buy?
  8. itskrislol

itskrislol New Member

I do understand, I just don't see Uber giving people a second chance when if they really wanted to play more they would have purchased the game.

If someone played the demo and got DESTROYED and thought they wouldn't/couldn't get better if they actually purchased the game, then that is their own fault, not Uber's.

I was at the bottom of the results almost every game I played in the demo, but I purchased it knowing I'd get better. Now that you've read this paragraph, reread paragraph 2 of this post.

Again, please remember that Uber is in business to make money, you can't do that if you keep giving out freebies to people who have already had one.

EDIT:
    +1, but I will say I've kept demo's of games I was intending to purchase or was on the fence about, once I decided one way or another I either purchased or deleted
  9. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Well it seems like im hitting a brick wall here. So whatever, just my thoghts after all :) But youve hit the nail on your head yourself there, Uber are a business. It wouldnt harm sales, it would only increase sales for those fence sitters. Even if you only get 10 more sales out of the entire worlds population, it cost you nothing to do, so as a business why wouldnt you want those extra sales?
  10. itskrislol

itskrislol New Member

Because sometimes its not worth bending over backwards to help people who want more "just because." I'm currently ranked 12k in money, TWELVE THOUSAND. That means at least 12k other people have purchased the game. I'm sure Uber isn't sweating the dozens (ed. note: I'd even wager they could care less about 1k new purchases) of people who would purchase the game after more time. Like Chimotle said, most people don't keep demos of games they aren't going to purchase, especially the ones where their online timer has expired.
  11. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Send your friends a link to the developer walkthrough 2 of the support class. That's what sold me on the game.