2012 Private Match Community

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, January 31, 2012.

1. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

was Tank on Scum, but that was mainly because no one else wanted to play it.
  2. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

Whats good tiger. Welcome back. Just a heads up since you have been gone everyone has gotten better, much better. Because of this you shouldn't be too discouraged if you do very poorly at first, some of the worst players in privates today would be able to hang with the solid players back in the old days, and the best today would give GP a **** stomping beyond belief. You are going to have to adjust to a completely new meta game. This is going to take time, I myself am still struggling to adjust having to let a support follow me. After a few nights you will be fine though. Good luck, and try not to be my support.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Nice shstiger. It does seem like we have a couple people who are capable of playing tank, but another can't hurt. Always good to have someone who can play multiple classes as well. I think you'll adjust fine, but it was important to note the difficulty that comes with transitioning in case you did get discouraged after one game. Miracles comparisons are accurate, so we're more trying to give you a heads up and fill you in on everything rather than sound condensending.

I look forward to getting you in on some matches. I think that you will enjoy them and be happy with the development of the game. If you disliled the game because it feels bland, slow, or easy, you will now be playing the fastest and most action packed form of it.

Some rules we made are 1 of each class(not sure how strict), juice machines off, no building turrets except for the ones closest to the moneyball
  4. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Gorgamon would also like to try some PMs out. I usually see him running slayer classes in pubs, and he is a pretty good guy. Not sure how much adjustment time he will need, but expect some.

For what it is worth, we actually had a second set of PMs going last night while the competetive one was going on - DoctorxWho had a bunch of people who don't normally do PMs running in one just so they can get used to doing team picks, joining games, what to do with money when you run out skills to buy, playing without juice, etc. It was a lot of fun - very little ego in there, and some people were actually surprised how easy going it was given all they have heard about some of the more...vocal...members of the PM community. It was a little too "pub" at moments (DocWho kept spawn striking, so I kept dropping invisible firebases) but the gist of it was there. Some of the people who were there won't ever do anything competetive, but it was useful for the people who wanted to try to work on their skills on higher grade opponents without feeling like the weak link in a competetive PM.

DoctorxWho has a pretty good host too, very little slow down on Spunky even with 4 people juiced on the money ball at once. He just needs to let me finish inviting people to party before he breaks the lobby :lol:
  5. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Get's killed by opposing Gunner. Would have killed them if he had a leash

I'll add you later on SHS.

Teapot, why the hell have you put me down for assault and assassin? :shock: . Change it to Gunner and Support please.
  6. teapot

I wrote it because those are the only classes I've ever seen you play. Assassin not so much, but assault quite a few times. I'll edit it later.

Gorgamon played some a while ago and enjoyed it. He plays a little bit of everything if I remember correctly. Dr who expressed interest a while back as well, but hasnt been in a match that I've played it. What are his classes? I'll edit everything later
  7. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

:mrgreen: This drives Teapot insane because he does not understand symbolism, it means something to me, that is all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:D You derail your own threads, you know that right?
  8. x 2TurnTableS x

i bumped YOUR thread and rerailed it :mrgreen:
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Forgot that I rarely play pm's with you anymore :( You still good for this saturday against Knave's team and H&S? I think everyone else on our team can play :)

You know you spam everyone with unnecessary crap like this? :roll:
  10. x 2TurnTableS x

Do you understand the difference between spamming a thread and bumping a thread? Do I post that emoticon and only that, every time? Did you know that you, Wildman, just derailed this thread and I am going to rerail it. You are the one spamming with all of your complaining about a single emoticon, you do not understand what it means to me and I will continue to use it until you, the actual trolls, realize what I am doing.
  11. x 2TurnTableS x

:D

EDIT: Thread bumped, and re-railed
  12. joker

joker Active Member

Dr who has played some and keeps up pretty well esp on support. His assassin was pretty good too, common kinks of going for a kill too long here or there, otherwise good.

Gorgamon plays a bit of everything but could use more practice on assault and gunner. He really struggles vs some of the vets on those classes. His support and sniper kept up fairly well though. And yes he's a pretty nice and personable fellow
  13. teapot

The private match community and posts mean so much to trolltables. Some people look to benefit other players, and some have nothing better to do than hang around and troll something that they are not even a part of. My guess is that he's still butthurt at the general consensus that his support wasn't anywhere as useful as he believed it was. It's nobody in particular either, it's just the private match community in general. Mind you, these claims were made by multiple people, not me.

Nobody cares about your unique symbolism. I look at the quality of the posts, which all of yours lacks. Like I said, either leave or contribute. Bumping a thread isn't contributing, despite whatever you think in that crazy mind of yours.

The only way this thread gets de-railed is when I have to explain these ridiculously simple things to you, a grown adult. Funny how wildman contributed and you call him out on de-railing.
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Teapot, quit falling for Turntables being a f*gg*t. Just report him and move on.

Anywho, any new players for PMs are good. Just try to give them time to adjust. Don't put them up against me if they play assassin, or against Jeff if gunner, or against Shammas if sniper, or etc. Give them a little bit of time to get their bearings, then ramp it up and let them learn from their mistakes. Just my input.
  15. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Okay, you have my attention. Now quit spamming.
  16. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Honestly, it is one of the reasons we had a second round of PMs going. The problem is that without at least SOME veterans in there, no one learns anything at all and it just ends up being a pub where you know who the host is and juice is turned off...
  17. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Like I said, start slower, get fast.
  18. joker

joker Active Member

To the people who dont read posts here or are just plain stupid and can't listen when we say it multiple times: stop building turrets outside the initial two spawn turrets. Thanks
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Following on from this, don't expect me to tell you guys if the ball is dropping / i'm getting grappled / annihilator is up / don't build turrets. If you don't want me to play because i'm a liability then just say so, otherwise just put up and shut up.
  20. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Did Colonel Jessup finally do his job and at least infract nerdtables? Please say yes!