Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by De Troll, February 17, 2012.

1. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

^
    Yup. The documentary talked about why perhaps DMT is in our body and other living things.
  2. De Troll

De Troll New Member

So now this creates a new batch of questions. Is it there simply to numb the pain once we die? Do we actually have "souls" that leave our human bodies once we die? Is it there to give us something to do so we aren't bored when we sleep? How does this link to hallucinogenic drugs such as mushrooms, LSD, DMT, etc.?
    The possibilities are endless and infinite, as are our human minds. Perhaps there's more to our minds than what is perceived by our eyes? As stated before, perhaps our human bodies limit our awareness of what's really going on. The whole thing fascinates me to be honest.
  3. Airwags

Airwags New Member

This is awesome. I've been coming to these forums since before the release of MNC and never ventured into the off topic section until now and the first topic I see is something I've been researching for the past six months lol.

I could go on for pages about this stuff but I'll just add some info that I've seen/heard/know from experience.

First thing I have to say is that Ayahuasca is not done recreationally by these tribes, It is a very spiritual part of their religion and they take it seriously. Its like saying hardcore Christians go to church recreationally.

The story of Ayahuasca is also very interesting. It's made from plants that grow in the Amazon that contain DMT that are boiled and made into a "tea". The problem is that DMT is broken down by MOAI's in the body very quickly rendering it useless if taken orally. To solve this these tribes combine it with another plant that contains an MOAI inhibitor that prevents the DMT from being broken down. When asked how they found the 2 plants they needed to do this in a forest of hundreds of thousands of different plant species they say that the forest told them. Crazy.

As far as DMT goes, It's found in many living things, plant and animals alike, and is believed by many to be the reason we often don't remember our dreams. Closely related to psylociben(?sp. the active ingredient in mushrooms) and LSD, when smoked, DMT launches you into another world and people will often feel like they have died and are talking to God/Spirit/The Creator. The trip lasts between 5 and 10 minutes and roughly 5 minutes after it ends the user doesn't remember what it was they just went through. When taken as Ayahuasca the trip lasts between 6 to 8 hours but comes on much more steadily compared to smoking.

The pineal gland or the "third eye" is believed to be responsible for the production of DMT but has not been scientifically proven. It's located in the center of the brain and in certain reptiles actually has a retina and a lens, just like a real eye. It produces DMT at birth, when we dream, and when we die. For these reasons many believe it is the gateway to and from the spirit realm.

Some of this stuff may seem a bit out there, I know, for most of my life I've been either atheist or agnostic and never given anything of this nature much thought but the more research I do on consciousness, psychedelics, and spirituality the more I feel inclined to believe it.

Very interesting stuff.
  4. gunked

gunked New Member

Had this happen to me like a year ago. It was the scariest 10sec ever

Also im wondering why no one has referenced a wet dream being that this is a dream topic and Zooom is still on the forums he should have been all over that. Just saying
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

:mrgreen:
  6. De Troll

De Troll New Member

:lol: I saw your post in here and freaked out until I looked at it.
  7. samspade

samspade New Member

Very cool thread. I've had a lot of experiences with lucid dreams and related substances... but I've found the experiences are too personal to share, so I stopped talking to people about them. Trying to describe them to people who haven't had a similar experience is like trying to describe the color red to a blind man.
  8. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

I haven't had a dream in about 3-6 months.
  9. carryableyarn

carryableyarn Active Member

I remember a long time ago, I did take full control of my dream through mid dream realization. It was quite the fun time, shame I woke up soon after.
    This thread has kind of perked my curiosity with the WILD concept.