Which Class Would You Prefer to Play as?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Gentleman, March 20, 2010.

1. Solodice

Solodice New Member

I would play the gunner or the tank.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

What surprises me about RTS is that even after years the metagame can completely change. Some of the best examples might be TA and Starcraft. And players will adept. In TA there are guides on how to abuse certain weaknesses in the engine, things that would probably get you disqualified in a SupCom tournament. Off mapping, the shore walk, d-gunning subs... If the gameplay is fun players just integrate those things into their strategies or ban them from tournaments.

Right now in the SupCom2 tourneys on GR you will be disqualified for building a transport at any point. Doesn't matter if or how you use it... :)
  3. gnats3

gnats3 Member

I'll probably play with most or all of the classes, just like I do in TF2 (except Medic. Healing others is booooriiiiiing. Luckily the MNC healer does other stuff too :))
  4. Col_Jessep

Btw. the Ammo Mule ad makes me wonder if bacon plays a role in MNC gameplay. Maybe gives you some stamina back or a short burst of extra strength?
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Why would a game give you a guide on how to get disqualified from a tournament? :?
  6. Col_Jessep

No no, those are legitimate tactics in Total Annihilation but they would be considered exploit using in Supreme Commander, the spiritual successor. It's really funny how the same bugs from TA made it into SupCom, off mapping was fixed in SupCom though.
  7. arcinus

arcinus New Member

i think im going for the sniper, the bio of him is just like me in RL, ill find a hobby and spend most of my time thinking about it.
  8. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Ill definately be the support because im one of the guys who would stay back and secure the defense and i also like helping people out
    But im sure that all the classes are great and well balanced as well
    I hope they can think of different characters and add them in dat would b cool
    Any1 any suggestions on new characters????
  9. ZeroHourHero

ZeroHourHero New Member

Im probably going to alternate between support and assassin, I was doing stellar at support at PAX East up until the round against the devs, then the only support I could provide was Morale support.....

Later on the weekend I tried Assassin and found it to be really fun.

I liked the Jump in, kill, RUN AWAY! repeat aspect of it.
  10. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Ya thats what tears me between support and assassin (and assault and tank damn it its 2 hard 2 chose!!!! :eek:)
  11. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

You're not locked into one class, you can play them all!
  12. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Usually certain classes stick out in games and players will main one class, But you guys did a good job of making all the classes equally favorable.

I'm a scout in TF2 and don't like playing any other classes(even tho I'm best with the soldier or sniper)

I will probably be the Assault, I'm usually the all rounder frontline man in class based games.

The only class that doesn't catch my eye is the Tank, I will probably play him the least.
  13. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

assassin or support

I love sneaking up to rape someone (didnt sound nearly as "bad" in my head :lol: )
    And I'm a sucker for turrets
  14. infernalice69

infernalice69 New Member

When i first looked at this game i though, looks pretty cool and i didn't know much about it. I didn't look into it much till later on and saw the assassin. I love stealthy class, in any game i play i go for the stealthy game play. But i would like to try the support class, i classes like the engineer like in TF2 and Fat Princess but i am not a bug fan of healing.

I read the post and saw they/ you worked on RTS which is a good thing, it seems it allows for good balance, if you look at the classes each one has a class that it is good against. Cant wait for this game, hopefully they dont do what they did with perfect dark and put it at the end of the Summer of Arcade.

PS:Sorry For The Big Post :?
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I'm still sold on the Support class -- the turrets and the fact that its not a pure offensive class. However, I may be leaning towards Soldier too.
  16. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

In this exact order: Tank, Support, Assassin.
  17. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

All classes can build turrets. The Support can just make them better and he has one of his own he can throw out.
  18. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Yeah, thats what I meant. I wont lie, in most shooters I'm the camper ***** who everyone hates. However, you cant really "camp" in MNC, so I'll be on the back lines building turrets or on the front lines with my "uber madleet healz" collecting cash.

Now I have a question about "hack" -- does that mean support can hack the enemy turrets and turn them into friendlies?
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Soldier? SOLDIER?
  20. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Definitely meant assault. :oops: