i i see one more nerfed assassin thread im

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by tadpole1290, September 1, 2010.

1. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Yeah, Uber was smart and thought ahead for updates. Most class changes don't require an actual patch.

Also, she IS getting nerfed.

When they're changing it in a way that weakens her, that's a nerf; whether or not it's a "fix".

Also, technically, isn't THIS a nerfed Assassin thread :3
  2. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

nope it was a if i read it one more time thread iv ebeen screaming all day thanks guys!

but people who still enjoy the assassin will still play her like she hasnt been nerfed at all.

imo she is still a vital tank buster and a good late game
  3. Silentblade4289

Silentblade4289 New Member

How is the assassin a tank buster? Tank's completely own assassins. Any decent tank will make quick work of just about any assassin out there.
  4. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

Actually, good assassins can kill tanks pretty easily with a lunge/slash/grapple, I consider myself a pretty decent tank, being my main class, and yes, some really good assassins have made me look pretty stupid. But no, they're far from tank busters.

In my opinion the assassin got buffed. I found the assassins biggest drawback was it's grapple cooldown being so damn long, if they reduce it significantly, like they said, then, in my opinion they got buffed. I've lost out to countless kills because my grapple was on cool down.

They did this to obviously stop base raping, and by doing so they made it harder to kill support.
  5. Silentblade4289

Don't get me wrong, I have killed my fair share of tanks when playing as assassin. However, most of those came from striking at the right moment(i.e. they were already damaged when I back grappled them). When it comes to tanks, it's all about picking the right time to attack and go in for the kill. If it's not the right time, you're much better off just leaving the tank alone and letting someone else on your team deal with him.

If it is one on one tank vs assassin and the tank is at full strength, then the tank will usually win that match up. There are only a few occasions when the assassin will win that match up. A)The assassin is exceptionally good. B)The tank is exceptionally bad. C)A combination of A and B.
    Last edited: September 2, 2010
  6. Raz92

Raz92 New Member

they never said the grapple cooldown was reduced, only the cooldown for a MISSED grapple...
    unless thats what you were talking about, in which case, my bad ^_^;
  7. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

One thing a lot of assassins seem to forget when fighting tanks is that it's easier to hang out of jetgun range and pepper the large, sluggish tank with shurikens while backpedalling than it is for the clunky tank to hit the speedy, slender assassin with his slow-firing railgun. It's even more fun how tanks can get caught up in this fun little battle and be unwittingly ead into the waiting muzzle flare of your bases turrets too :p
  8. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

tanks are usually distracted since they take the bulk of the damage during team fights. they take quite a bit of work to take down and tanks have the upper hand in all one on one situations with their far range and close range. with that being said yes anyone can take down a tank but with the assassin being quick and in and out and has a 1hit k/o grapple from behind in all essence she is a "tank buster"
  9. Silentblade4289

Except, in most cases a back grapple on a tank is not a one hit kill. Like I said above, its all about timing when killing tanks as the assassin.

Tank buster or any class buster implies that the specified class(assassin in this case) dominates the other class(tank in this case) in all situations. This isn't true however, as the assassin only has the upper hand on the tank in a hand full of situations.
  10. Lagoon7

Lagoon7 New Member

Sort of like how the Sniper is an Assassin buster.

Any others? I can't think of any.
  11. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

Hrm, I kinda assumed it was both, but yeah I guess it is only missed grapples. Either way it's still pretty nice.