I'm Looking for information on the Shaveice turret

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Immortal303, August 30, 2010.

1. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I'm currently using 2, 3.3 shaveice turrets during sudden death blitz.

I'm wondering how the effect works. Without the hack, the shaveice, lvl 3 is more or less worthless. Hack that sucker, and ta-da! You're freezing bots from 50 yards away.

What I would like to know is:

Does the effect stack in overlapping areas? For instance, I use 2 for blitz, and the effect area overlaps when hacked. Things move really slow inside my base. I was wondering if adding another 1 or 2 shaveices would slow things down even further or if there is a slow limit?

I'll probably end up answering my own question after I test it out today. So if you're wondering too, check back, I'll post my results. If you have any info, I'd appreciate it.
  2. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Someone answer this, I'd like to know.
  3. FromLions

FromLions New Member

I'm not entirely sure, I was wondering this too. But I'd like to comment on the "useless" aspect of un-hacked slow turrets. They're not useless, they're actually quite useful for SDB. I understand hacking helps, but it's the same as all the others.

Turret Nub < Un Hacked Turret < Hacked Turret
  4. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

No, they aren't completely useless, but watch the bots as you hack one, and you'll see how the hack puts the lvl 3 to shame.

Either way, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Having problems finding a competent team mate. 2 Support makes it much easier. I'll get it done though.
  5. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

It also appears that the effect is applied in a line-of-sight manner. Meaning the targets don't freeze if the turret can't see them. I'm not 100 % sure on this.

I was placing a shaveice on the nub right behind the moneyball on blitz. It has a lot of obstructions around it though, and if does work on line-of-sight, then that turret isnt freezing enemies until they are right on my moneyball.

With this in mind, I might change my turret scheme. Maybe put a rocket up in that nub, and put shaveice on the two inside the east and west walls. I would prefer to put them outside the walls , but I want the effect to cover them for as long as possible. I would like to have two more rocket turrets inside to hammer them once they are slowed from the shaveice outside.

It's maddening. I guess I'll just have to experiment and post my findings.
  6. Ghostdog 360

Ghostdog 360 New Member

I will try it out too. I'm looking for a blitz team so add me if u want. I'm gonna be trying stuff out with jared who has posted blitz stuff before.

Having a experienced team is key for past 100. I usually quit if I know they won't make it past 60. It ends up as such a waste of time.

Peace.