Kill Streaks!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by wickedxtheboss, August 30, 2010.

1. wickedxtheboss

wickedxtheboss New Member

I love when i see uber ect. streak pop on my screan. But other then my KD there is rele no point of me staying alive that long for 23 an 3 games. I think the game should add 5 kill streak 10 15 an 20 kill streak rewards. Such as...
    5:Spwan 5 Black jacks
    10:Annihlator
    15:Air strike across the map
    20:Spwan a JackBot!
    Think it would add more of a fun twist to the game tell me what you think:) :shock:
  2. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

This game tries to let players focus less on K/D ratio. So...no?
  3. tezmac

tezmac New Member

Good idea however I agree that this game is not about KD it is all about the bots and Money - so why not have a Killstreak for doing massive Bot Damage or something similar to kind of coax people into paying less attention on their KD?

I would also not reccomend the Airstrike as this means everyone has a chance of taking one Pros speciality - which is not fair really. You could just make K/S add bots or the map specials that you usually have to buy!
  4. Vigil80

Vigil80 New Member

There are already kill streak rewards, depending on how you look at it. You get reward money, and then just choose what reward to buy yourself: ability upgrade, new bot spawns, etcetera. There's also juice, too, though that isn't just for kills. I sometimes think even that's too overpowered from time to time.

I think a money bonus for kill streaks is enough. Personally, I had my fill of specific streak rewards in Call of Duty. They seem to make matches painfully one sided, or punish some players as much as they reward others.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I think it's a bad idea simply because of the fact that this game is already very similar to Call of Duty. Adding that would be like blatant copying. Also, i like how the game is fair for everyone the entire round, everyone has a chance to get money and stuff. Killstreaks can majorly mess up people who haven't gotten as much money as fast, as well as people who are actually killing bots and playing the game the way it's meant to be played: to get to the other team's money ball.
  6. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

MNC: Modern Warfare.
  7. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

This is not Call of Duty. The rewards you get for kills and assists are enough already.
  8. Archangel

Archangel New Member

WHAT!?
  9. FromLions

FromLions New Member

This game doesn't need killstreaks, it's a team strategy game. You push robots and blow up turrets, not hide and wait for a killstreak. MW2 ruined that to begin with. Uber got it just right.
  10. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

kill streaks would just make this mainstream, trying to hype its self to modern warfare. when in all actuality it has the unreal system in it and not modern warfare
  11. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

What game have you been playing?
  12. abobadom

abobadom New Member

good idea, that would be fun. but the airstrike would be pushing it to modern warfare a bit. but the game would be more gripping and more fun if it had kill streaks
  13. breischl

breischl New Member

I don't think more killstreak rewards than they already have are a good idea. That would encourage focusing on pro kills, rather than the moneyball and general team play. I know this happened a lot in MW2 - people would camp and snipe rather than go after objectives.

(OT, but I always thought MW2's "Nuke" killstreak was one of the dumbest idea I've ever seen)
  14. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

Agreed with the it's about money and bots not kills so making these items cost money instead of be awarded for kills is best guy.
  15. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

How is MNC like MW2 at all? I can think of not one thing besides the fact you use a gun that makes this like MW2.
  16. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I completely disagree with this suggestion. The benefit of the cash you'll get off getting many kills without deaths is already a big leg-up over your opponents.
  17. SuperEvilDOOM

SuperEvilDOOM New Member

The idea of killstreaks in Monday Night Combat makes me want to cut myself and bleed out onto the concrete. You don't need to further reward players for surviving and getting kills, often off camping.
  18. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

1 more reason this is a bad idea. maps are to small for killstreaks. It would make it an opt for everyone to play snipers and camp for kills in all actuality it would kill the game. and who ever said this game was like modern warefare is freaking high. since when is there a money ball in modern with a hot pit girl?
  19. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

No.

Killstreaks are a flawed mechanic. They unbalance unbalanced games further and encourage camping kills over teamwork. It's one of the things I hate most about CoD, probably sounded good on paper but it ruins games.
  20. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

You already get something for kill streaks..... extra money. That should be good enough considering money is power in this game.