Getting out of ice traps all classes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by the_feedle, January 5, 2012.

1. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

For some odd reason you can get out of ice traps with any class
    not just assault (y button)

Trigger the trap and the second you hear the crystal mash the jump button quickly as possible. It doesnt always work but sometimes it will.

Lag may be an issue but give it a shot and see if it works
    Best time to jump is the second you hear the crystal crackling sound
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I melee and spam jump if I get caught. If I am on a downward slope like near the center bridges in Ammo Mule, I will sometimes slide downwards and break the ice. I usually just get killed by the sniper though.
  3. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Gunner - Minigun , Mortar
    Sniper - Sniper Rifle
    Support - Airstrikes (shotgun? Anyone tested it?)
    Tank - Jetgun
    Assassin - possible to lunge through it (that's if the host is good and you don't lunge 2 feet forward instead :| )
    Assault - Fly
  4. choiio

choiio New Member

If you shoot at them with sniper rifle/jetgun they blow up??
  5. gemicide

gemicide New Member

airstrike works too
  6. choiio

choiio New Member

lrn2read^ :)
  7. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

flak sets them off
  8. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

Aha! No wonder all those pesky Assaults don't stay trapped long enough for me to snipe them sometimes. Is it possible for Assaults to get out of the Ice Traps if they're level 3?
  9. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

I don't think so. If you can get someone to stand by them you can trigger the icetrap with explosive rounds, but I've never heard of using the jetgun on them.. Product grenade 3 does the trick though if you can correctly estimate the trajectory.
  10. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

I'm pretty certain that the Tank's Jet Gun does not set off the Ice Traps. I've never tried setting them off with the Sniper Rifle though.
  11. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

Yes.
  12. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

At least there are advantages to the level three trap that go beyond just making them stand still, like they can't charge or throw bombs at you. Most people under rate just how important that actually is, espcially since it has adverse affects on most classes and not just assault.
  13. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Any class can get out in multiple ways under specific conditions. Dunno what all of the conditions are though.

Assault - Bomb does not always blow up ice traps. They have to be placed in a certain area depending on where the ice trap is. Obviously Fly. And Charge will sometimes get you through the trap and break it at the end of the charge, assuming you actually charge through the trap and not into it.

Assassin - Lunging through, and not into traps sometimes breaks the trap at the end of the lunge. In moderate lag situations I've broken out of them by smoke bomb jumping - not reliable though. When juiced with at least one speed pickup - I've noticed that when moving at high speeds such as dashing with juice and speed pickups, I can literally jump (while dashing) straight through 3 ice traps. All of them will activate, but none will trap me.

Gunner - Mortars. I don't play enough Gunner to know other ways, nor have I seen Gunners break traps in any other way.

Tank - Product Grenade. I don't believe the Jetgun can break traps. I've never explicitly tried this but I've never seen it done. Charging through instead of into the traps.

Sniper - Flak. Explosive rounds off of a bot or a pro near the trap.

Support - Airstrike, all I know of.

With all classes - jumping as soon as the trap catches you works occasionally. It's not reliable, but there's really no reason not to do it.