Tank Tutorial

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by arCtiC zYn, August 30, 2010.

1. arCtiC zYn

arCtiC zYn New Member

Hello,

Here is my tutorial for the Tank Class. I cover, positions, endorsements and how I use abilities. Includes a video:

Tank Tutorial
  2. Zeromus EG

Zeromus EG New Member

I can really relate to that video lol.

I go with Gold: RoF, Silver: Armour, Bronze: Reload Speed. With Silver Armour you can survive any assassin backstab, which really helps when you're such a bit target and you're patrolling the lanes.

My skill tree goes like:

Tank (2)
    Product Grenade (2)
    Charge (2)
    Tank (3)
    Charge (3)
    Product Grenade (3)

Getting the blind effect on the grenade early helps for taking out large groups of Black Jacks and any random Jackbots. I always prioritise the Passive upgrade because the health gets insane at some levels, sponging 3 sniper bullets is great when you only need 3 rails to drop the snipers. Charge (3) comes after so I can get the knockback effect, which puts Gunners off when they try spin the minigun.

My playstyle is usually bot control, picking off enemies from a distance away and getting rid of turrets with the Grenade+Jet Gun. If you can manage to sneak into their spawn, blind one of the rocket turrets and then use your Jet Gun you can easily mess up their economy and rush back out with Charge before you're spotted.

Great vid and ideas for other Tank users :D

Edit: Those jumping tips are great too, never knew you could get from one side of Grenade to the other with the Tank of all classes lol.
  3. arCtiC zYn

arCtiC zYn New Member

Initially I had armor in the mix, but what I quickly found was that Assassins very rarely are used in matches and my positioning is typically away from Assassins that should be running bot control and spawning gremlins.

In public matches I usually level the Product Grenade, otherwise I focus on hoarding money for Juice and Annihilator control.

Glad you liked the jumps, most people don't know about the Tank super jump. You can only do it on ledges.
  4. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

so basically u say ur playstyle sucks without host since u cant use ur rapid fire railgun to actually hit people?
  5. Phobos zYn

Phobos zYn New Member

I've played with and against him tons of times. He hits rails all the time, on and off host. You have to be good enough to do that for this playstyle to work, but if you can pull it off, it's the best way to play the Tank IMO.
  6. Shammas

Shammas New Member

We play very similarly. I use my product nades an awful lot though.
  7. arCtiC zYn

arCtiC zYn New Member

Pretty much, I suck off host...I'm very bad.
  8. Nayr

Nayr New Member

Definitely a lot of good things here. If you wear headphones and are just an aware player in general you should be able to take out any assassin near you with ease. It's a little hard to get used to this loadout do to the low health and how good assaults are against you but I guess it just takes some time. It definitely tears up gunners, tanks and unaware snipes before they can react. The charge jumps are also really useful, never knew you could get out of the base so far and so quickly. Specifically on ammo mule, getting to that corner is so quick, if a snipe was shooting the money ball that could be used to quickly go and take him out so I see that being useful a lot in GBs.

Now I just need to master the rail gun, the tank is my least played class.
  9. arCtiC zYn

arCtiC zYn New Member

The funny thing about the charge jump is that I found it by accident (like most things of that nature), then I tried to replicate it. I'm in the beginning stages of figuring out how to do it without being on a higher plane.

I think the biggest factor in that endorsement build is that it very well in matches or scrimmages. I use a different build for public rooms because there is less organization and it is difficult to rely on other players to hold down a specific area of a map and more enemies will get a jump on me from behind.

You mentioned a great point about the benefit of headphones or Astros in my case that I did not mention as well.