Firebases should NOT heal players

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by CDR Alpha Niner, August 29, 2010.

1. CDR Alpha Niner

CDR Alpha Niner New Member

It's bad enough that those things are annoying (and can be thrown through glass walls, and deployed inside opposing bases), but now they're healing people when fully upgraded?

No.

They're guns. Guns don't heal (except maybe the "heal gun," but even then, that's pushing it), guns kill.

No more healing Firebases, especially considering I've seen 2 Support operatives sitting on a Firebases double-healing it. Taking them out was bad enough without them getting healed by their own damn Firebase.
  2. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

They paid $400 for that healing firebase. Besides the heal radius is small and explosives fix that problem, especially level 3 passive snipers.
  3. faits

faits New Member

The glass thing is an exploit that will get patched out eventually.

Firebases are so easy to kill for so many different classes, I don't understand all the hate.
  4. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

If two supports are "double healing" a firebase, then there are only 4 other players that are defending the money ball, at best....go around and take advantage. Now, if they have set up camp right next to your money ball, then you have a problem, but it's one of your own creation. More often than not, complaints that I hear about this game and abilities being OP could be resolved if teams communicated, which is what the other team is doing to set up these situations...that being the case, you deserve to get your butt handed to you if the other team is using teamwork and you are not.

BTW, I do not play as assault, I am usually Assault or Sniper.
  5. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

is this another i cant kill it so let's nerf it deal's? really? REALLY? cmooooooooooon
  6. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Guns don't heal people. People heal people.
  7. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

OK, let's evaluate this:
    The support has a GUN that heals people. Why, oh why, is it sooo difficult to accept that the same technology that allows his gun to heal people can build a tripod and mount a version of said gun for the support also to use?

..and not to be a total wise a**, but since the support set up the firebase, he is, technically, doing the healing as he owns the base.

um, excuse me sir, may I have some cheese with all this "whine"?
  8. Goose

Goose Active Member

Maybe you would prefer some French "Cries"...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  9. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

As a support player, i can tell you the level 3 Firebase is the least of you worries and usually one of the last upgrades i buy (i am not really sure how much the passive of the support affects the game).
  10. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Just to clarify, I was playing on a famous slogan.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

This slogan has been widely parodied.

If you were in turn joking, I apologise, but it doesn't look like it. Frankly, I agree. If you can accept a gun that heals people, the turret doing it is no more ridiculous. However, the argument seemed to be begging for a play on the old "guns don't kill people" line, and so I went for it. No whining at all. Though I'm not sure how that would be whining even if I'd said it with a straight face.
  11. Konner

Konner New Member

The turret's healing aura has a pathetic range. It doesn't even over-heal. You have to be right next to it too.
  12. Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov New Member

The only problem I have with the support is the instant kill airstrike.
  13. Konner

Konner New Member

Completely off-topic and incredibly easy to avoid. The only time you should be killed by them is when you overstay your visit on the top of bridges or tunnels.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I dislike the fact that a Support can try to set an airstrike on me and when I move away he can cancel and try their best to actually target me, that player. Once I am targeted it;s a mad dash to get overhead cover.
  15. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

cancel?!? can you cancel an airstrike once you throw it?
  16. faits

faits New Member

Pretty sure you can't.

He might just be thinking the first one was cancelled, since three can be thrown at a time?
  17. m0nkeyb0y77

m0nkeyb0y77 New Member

Actually, YES!!! Can I please have some cheese? (I love cheese) :lol:
  18. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Quit crying. I'm sure you use the Assault's charge, or Tanks blossom. You've never run around invisible as an assassin? The lvl3 turret is legit. If you can't figure out how to beat it, you need more experience. I play a support, I deploy my firebase in hard-to-kill spots. Just like how a sniper tosse out a couple of freeze traps to cover his ***. I am pure support. I've never run into a support, or dual support team I couldn't take out one way or another. That may include overhealing a tank and following him in, but I get it done.

I play too much MNC tho......
  19. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Firebases have dreadfully limited range anyway, so just stand back.

And if there are two supports over healing it, aim for them?

And as a support, i love airstrikes. Especially placing them underneath bridges to surprise airstrike someone on the bridge above you. Nothing says win like throwing an airstrike at your feet, and it killing someone else.