Capture The Bacon

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TNA Equalizer, August 28, 2010.

1. TNA Equalizer

TNA Equalizer New Member

Just a suggestion for a future new game mode for this awesome game. A twist on the classic game of Capture The Flag using perhaps two giant pieces of Bacon.

Each side has their own base, have to defend your own piece of Bacon while managing to steal the other teams. You get the idea. The candy bar of meats deserves it's own hailed game mode in this genius game.
    Last edited: August 28, 2010
  2. EnlistedThalim

EnlistedThalim New Member

That sounds like an awesome way to implement CTF. I've been trying to think of one but couldn't.
  3. Sardudekar

Sardudekar New Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned in other capture the flag threads, but the only way I could see this working in MNC is if the bots have to do the capturing and carrying.

I do think that capturing bacon would be way better then a flag though!
  4. wickedxtheboss

wickedxtheboss New Member

I like it!It could just be a 8v8 game mode or somthing no bots unless u pay to spwan them. :D
  5. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

The problem with this is that bots as they are are too fragile. I don't think there's any problem with players carrying as long as they do two things: disable jumping and disable dash abilities. That will eliminate the use of jetpacks, smokebomb jump, and running in and out with the assassin in 5 seconds.
  6. SCV

SCV New Member

Or just have Jackbots capture. Maybe activate your jackbot at the flag (bacon) you are trying to capture and the Jackbot runs it back.
  7. Sardudekar

Sardudekar New Member

I'd rather they put some buffs on the bot (automatic overheal, faster movement, maybe he spawns a ton of slims or whatever). Regardless, the point would be that your team would have to really watch over the bot on his way back.

Another option would be to have the bacon protected by a shield like the moneyball. Then you have to at least get the bots there before you can run the flag out.

Mainly, I want MNC to offer gametypes that encourage bot use, because that's the main thing that distinguishes it from any other shooter out there.
  8. ckong

ckong New Member

CTF is definitely needed and would be awesome. Keep bots incorporated though
  9. Vuther

Vuther New Member

I think the thing to do would be to have a lot more bots spawning at once than Crossfire currently does, spread out more evenly across the map rather than lanes, and makes turrets nubs spread out just as evenly. This would force players to still focus on the bots due to the large number of them while contending with the other side, with turrets being an attractive thing to buy to keep the heat off your team while you get the bacon. And allow you buy turrets that aren't on your 'side' of the map (unless you already can, I haven't tried...), to further make things interesting (turrets closer to the enemy make it easier for the enemy team and their bots to focus on them while also being potentially dangerous to try and buy, but it of course allows you to get in their way when they try to hand in their bacon and distract bots and keep them even farther from your team.).

Also, make the bacon flag make you better at everything while holding it, just like it normally does for maximum fun.
  10. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

CTF won't work. Assassin would tear it up. Sprint in Cloaked, Capture flag, sprint out.

On maps the size we have at the moment each capture would take a minute or so tops.
  11. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

great idea but bots would have to be almost completly eliminated for most of the game to work. if your pushing bots into the base then to get that single bot back to your base is impossible in of itself. the suport would be almost imposible to surpass especially if the team was loaded with them. i do love the fact of ctf but not the bot idea
  12. ActiveHate

ActiveHate New Member

This could be a problem however they could just make it so that no skills could be used while running the flag. You would still be able to use your primary and secondary attacks so you're not completely vulnerable. It would also be hilarious if they added a melee attack with the bacon so you can slap your opponents with it.
  13. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

Perhaps a new bot designed to capture the flag?
  14. badmonk

badmonk New Member

yeah CTF would be awesome, only 6v6 with no bots though!!

i would also like a TDM mode with no bots and maybe 8v8??
  15. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

its a great idea imo but needs allot of thought put into it
  16. tezmac

tezmac New Member

CTF could work, if you had to steal the flag from your opponents base first. The "flag" could be the Money ball, and you would have to drag it back (ie making you slower) so your team would have to support you. At the same time you would need to think about defense of your own base.

Also you would have the ability to still place the turrets to defend your base.

Bots could still be used as these would be a distraction and also a way to rack up the funding for your turrents or upgrades....
  17. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

i like this as well spawn timers would have to be a bit delayed to keep you from dieing as soon as you got in but dragging their moneyball would be intresting, also capture the pit girl? putting her over your shoulder and haveing to take her to you base?
  18. Gothalion

Gothalion New Member

Have you ever played WSG in WoW? If this logic held true, then rogues would be the end all be all flag carrier. But in reality whichever team has better foresight and field placement is the team that gets the caps.
  19. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

No, sorry.
  20. Gothalion

Gothalion New Member

Well basically, in my experience, every tactic can be countered. The same is true for most video games.