Host questions

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ryanj629, August 26, 2010.

1. ryanj629

ryanj629 New Member

How is the host selected?

Can demo accounts be selected for host?

While playing a game, is there a way to tell who is currently hosting?
  2. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

1. I guess its the one with the best connection.

2. I have no idea

3. If that person leaves and you get disconnected, he was the host =D.
  3. ryanj629

ryanj629 New Member

I don't think host goes to the best connection, but I wish it did. I have seen a lot of laggy games, but I have a very good fiber optic connection (35 megs up and down). If it tested everyone's connection before the game, either I or someone with a better connection than I would get host every time. If that were the case, I should never see a laggy game, unless I join in the middle of an already laggy game.
  4. SgtSAWblade

SgtSAWblade New Member

Are any admins able to please add anything to this thread?
    I've wondered this often myself. I seem to get host quite often(it's awesome), but I don't have an exceptionally fast internet connection. I live in Melbourne, Australia. I just ran a speed test, and it came up 16Mb/s down, 0.85Mb/s up. My house is less than 1km from the nearest exchange so I thought maybe this was a factor?
  5. CrazyMonkeyKing

CrazyMonkeyKing New Member

Almost certain that the first person in the game gets host.
  6. PigletB12

PigletB12 New Member

I'm pretty sure host does not go to the person with the fastest connection. I've gotten host quite often and I know my internet is complete crap. Seriously less that 5 mb download.

The matches where I am usually host end up being laggy as hell. So usually when I search crossfire and it puts me in a empty lobby, I usually just back out and try to find a lobby where I wont be host. God I hate how there is only one ISP where I live.
  7. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

this this this. if u start the lobby u become da host (even with a homemade ethernet cable and dial up)
  8. Warskull

Warskull New Member

I am pretty sure the way it works is, the game searches for a game, if it cannot find an appropriate game it makes that player host and starts a lobby. It does not tell anyone who the host is or show ping bars.

It absolutely does not pick the best quality hosts or do any sort of quality check.