Scramble solo - need tips

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by IlliniJen, August 27, 2010.

1. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Hello y'all. I really want to beat scramble blitz mode solo and was wondering if anyone had any tips/strategy for it. I tried it with a gunner (armor/clipsize/acc), but the gremlins eat me alive.

I tried out support for the first time last night experimenting on solo exhibition and think he's the way to go. Anyone have any help they can offer me by way of a secret sauce to success in scramble?
  2. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

I only tried it the first time i played. But now that i have played online some more i guess i would go support. I would also try them Slow-down turrets and see if that helps along with some easy to build lazers.
  3. TigerGuitarist

TigerGuitarist New Member

For Scramble:

Be a tank, the death blossom is a 1 shot on all gremlins.
    With the kind of gremlin slaughter you will be laying down, you will have loads of coin for your turret building. I will normally go 1/3 shaveice turrets and 2/3 lasers.

When the waves start coming, death blossom away and keep moving, your shaveice turrets will allow you to kite along virtually all the bots while your laser turrets are plucking at them.

Good luck!
    I'm always down to do this blitz, hit me up if you want to take it down.
    Gamertag is my user name.

Edit: For your endorsements go gold: armor, silver: reload time, bronze: crit shot or health regen
  4. Tiger

Tiger New Member

I beat it with support. I had a Shaved Ice Turret in the Middle Front, then 4 laser turrets around it upgraded. With my Firebase in between the moneyball and the Ice Turret. I would just kite the gremlins around the Laser turrets and get them slowed etc. I would also drop air strikes in front of me and run through them in time for the gremlins to get hit by them.

Do not forget to use the Ejector pads on each side of the moneyball. Do a figure 8 and have the trailing gremlins lined up behind you as you come in for the Ejector purchase.

Endorsements would be:
    Skill Regen (More air strikes)
    Armor (live if you get surrounded)
    Running Speed (Better Kite Speed)
  5. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Support Guide (my experiences)
    Gold: Armor
    Silver: HP regen or speed
    Bronze: Speed or Hp regen

Hasn't failed me yet.

Build a shaveice in the front middle and upgrade it, followed by either 2 upgraded lazerblazers or 2 rock-it turrets. I recommend rock-it turrets are they do more dmg but you don't need them.

Hack the shaveice. Place your firebase between the middle shaveice and a front-middle moneyball turret node. It will be useful later.

When the bots start coming, all you do is back pedal between the atk turrets and shaveice (a circle if you can) and shotgun them. Airstrike bouncers but only by the shaveice.

When you get money add another shaveice by the front-middle $ball turret node and/or one by the left-side center node (based on the spawn direction). Upgrade it to lvl 2 as well.

Continue to upgrade and hack rock-it turrets and probably your hack and airstrike. Your firebase can help but isn't really useful on the gremlins unless they're uncloaked. Learn to backpedal and weave through your turrets using the shaveices and shotgun enemies. A single round from the shotgun can kill multiple gremlins. You can switch to the hurt heal gun for bouncers, but I advise to let the turrets kill them and you force on the gremlins. Usually the gremlins will overwhelm you as you can't fully see them coming w/o shaveices and the bouncers will get your remains.

You could also play Assault, get on a balcony with a the same turret layout and own the enemies. You can also jump onto the shaveice turret and be safe for the the most part.
  6. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

This has all been some good info...I'll probably try it with support. I like a good challenge.
  7. MeltsYurFace

MeltsYurFace New Member

I didn't bother trying this solo, I ended up getting it done online my first try though despite the fact my 3 teammates chose assassin (I chose tank). I ended up with like 750 gremlin kills from death blossom : )
  8. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

tank with gold reload. then just spin over and over
  9. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

My turrets seem to ignore the gremlins, even if they have been affected by the shaveice turrets. Any advice on this? I want that last achievement! :-D
  10. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Get them to uncloak by getting them close to you or use your shotgun on them.
  11. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

This.

I was having issues with support doing this, spending far too much time trying to kite gremlins. I just finished scramble using the tank, one try. I just moved in a "U" shape around my slurpee turret and death blossomed the gremlins to death. My laser blazers took care of the rest. Kinda cheap, but it's the most efficient way to deal with gremlins and check on your turrets. Armor/rate of fire/can't remember bronze.
  12. MeltsYurFace

MeltsYurFace New Member

You don't need to do it solo to get the achievement. I hopped on LIVE and got mine done on my first try, it was surprising though given the fact that my teammates all picked assassins
  13. Trojan

Trojan New Member

Just beat Scramble solo as a Support custom class w/ the following endorsements:

Gold: Skill Recharge
    Silver: Armor
    Bronze: Speed (running)

Basically what I did was build an ice turret in the middle (I didn't build any turrets out in front of the overpass) then to each side of the ice turret I built lazer turrets. Then I threw out my firebase between the ice turret and the moneyball. Just kept running around, kiting the gremlins and bouncers while healing the turrets. When the air strike is up, throw it in front of you and run towards it so that it hits the bots tailing you. After you have the ice turret to level 2 and your firebase and those laser turrets to 3 (and try to hack them if you can find the time), start building other turrets (laser or rocket) in open spaces and upgrade them. Any time you get surrounded, use juice if you have it and get out of there fast. Took me a couple tries, but I finally got it!