Expectations are retarded( Im mad at the Pub Assault)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by gunked, January 3, 2012.

1. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Re: Expectations are retarded

Very good to hear, I was always surprise to see new players in lobby for a game that been completely abandonned by the developper for more than a year.

I may give another go to private.

How your sniper Wildman, did you finally decide to show everyone how good it is ?? or you are still keeping it a secret ? :)
  2. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

On host it's fairly good. On American hosts it's average. Since all the american's cry when an european hosts, I double scope all the time (have to hold LT for just under a second for it to be tolerable :( ). Only played a few times though as i'm forced to go Gunner.
  3. joker

joker Active Member

considering gunked only does well on a stacked team or sitting back on a juice chain purely for stats (need i remind everyone of his 24-0 start where after every juice he retreated backward and never kept pressure on, only to die once and fall to 24-4 and lose), i fail to see the logic where you think the challenge is no longer there. so are we to understand that there is no such thing as a challenge (anything remotely neutral you claim it to always just be totally unfair) and the game is too easy (when you juice five times in a row and still cant keep spawn pressure)?

people should learn how to really play and win before making assumptions about the community's competitive merit. a small fraction of the cumminity seems to fully grasp how to play MNC, and if there were no running scoreboard like how Brink was that most of you would be totally lost without your stats to tell you "how good you think you are doing." we recently suggested bringing back real teams while the tourney is going on which seems to be a turn on for you playing section 8, and team play is far different than pickup play.

edit: if we ever turned juice buying off, the attitudes of some people would be tremendously adjusted lol its there to make the final push, not pad your stats so after the game you can pat yourself on the back and pretend you did well
  4. gunked

gunked New Member

i guess i have to clarify for you a little more. When i said there is no more of a challenge i meant that its the same 10 people that play privates so after a while you get to know how they play and becomes boring to play against them because you can predict what they are going to do and how their score is going to look like. And for padding states, well i cant say i wasnt because i was trying to get the uber but the problem is what everyone is used to playing is pick-up scrims, which dont involve actual teams. My mentailty for a pick-up scrim is easy; if were going to lose because of a stack team, i pad my stats, if were going to completely demolish a team because im on a stacked team, i pad my stats. When its a close game i usually go for a win and try my best but towards the end if i know we are going to lose for sure or win i pad stats, why :?: because its a pick-up scrim.
  5. joker

joker Active Member

so we are to understand unless you feel you are going to win a 100% neutral scrim you do nothing but pad your stats... if you have a problem with pick up scrims then make a team. H&S will be glad to play anyone, miracle has a hankering for some fresh farm meat
  6. gunked

gunked New Member

Basicly and to talk trash, but its all fun and games right.......and to answer you other statement why would i make a team when there is only 1 other team to play :?: :lol:
  7. murkyx727

murkyx727 New Member

I would love to see no juice buying :)
  8. gunked

gunked New Member

i probably start up my WoW subscription again and complete my collection of 85's. I have also been playing Section 8 which is a great game, i recommend it to anyone that is interested
  9. joker

joker Active Member

Its fun to trash talk your friends in pickups, but i still use them as a way to play for real, i can play for stats in pubs if i really want to. Why make a team vs 1 other team? Ask TEG. The best matches ive played and recorded on this site are those involving TEG (and occasionally teapot/hawkshade/wildman) vs. H&S. Every other match recorded looks like crap (minus **** vs GP, but that involves almost all the same people). You only need two teams to have great matches and a nice rivalry. And although the ones recorded favor H&S mostly, there were plenty of off camera matches of H&S vs TEG & Friends that were overtime matches plus our occasional loss.
  10. benzito7

benzito7 Member

posted twice by mistake....
    Last edited: January 5, 2012
  11. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Forget WoW, get the Old Republic, it worth every penny. I am not a MMO player and this game got me hook. Bioware is a incredible company, you should see the support and dedication that go into this game, it out of this world.
  12. joker

joker Active Member

bioware also made mass effect i think right? if so yepp they rape
  13. benzito7

benzito7 Member

Yeap, they made Mass Effect.

The Old Republic also has a lot of similarity to Mass Effect, it the first MMO with fully acted dialogue. The game is 25gigs and get updated weekly. The amount of content is just unbelivable.

The game is rumoured to have cost in between 100-300 millions to produce. They just created a dedicated studio of 400+ people only to support the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/02/bioware-ireland-is-a-kind-of-sister-studio-to-bioware-austin/
  14. teapot

teapot Post Master General

for pubs, feedle's right. Custom pubs, one of each class with no juice buying. Although players will melee bots more, but you can't juice chain at least.

privates, I think we should try turning juice machines off.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

i would be so down for turning them off. same goes for bot buying, i think gremlin victories are starting to get on everybody's nerves, the only reason i havent pushed that idea too much is i feel it gives the tank more value being the main counter to gremlins, otherwise the need for a good tank just becomes even lower compared to the need for a good gunner, assault, sniper, etc.
  16. choiio

choiio New Member

I agree with turning off bot buying, but juice buying? No, imagine if you are getting spawn trapped how can you push out if you have no juice (its posible but very hard, specialy on steelpeel) another thing that will happen is that players would spend more time punching bots than actualy being useful. Just my thoughts.
  17. joker

joker Active Member

spawn trapping is usually a result of juice chaining. back in the day of shooters there was this thing called "skill" and "counterpushing" to get out of a spawn trap. kinda sad that people think the only way to get out of a spawn trap is juice lol
  18. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

<3 u Zatchmo <3
  19. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Yeah, disable juice and bots. That'd make the games much more dependent on actual skill, which should always be what games are based off of.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Yeah mostly when I play and I'm spawn trapped it's because the other team isn't able to hold mid while applying pressure in our base, but because they control the juice machines. I don't know how many times I have $800+ in a match but I'm unable to buy juice because they're already bought. I die at the machines by myself, and now theres a juiced gunner coming to our spawn. It's a waste of a life for me to do it but theres a better reward in doing so than trying to counter push.

If turning off juice means players will punch bots more, so be it. I'll prob punch some bots too myself, but only when it's the only beneficial move for my team at the time. I know that punching bots takes me out of a better position, and if someone on the other team wishes to camp and punch bots, i'll be happy to face him. Punching bots is a waste, and I believe one juice as an assault or a gunner isn't enough to regain map + bot control to mid map if you were previously pushed in your base. It takes a team push. I feel constant juice buying is the only way people actually win/lose and the games turn out the way they are.

I'm curious to see a skilled game, where come the last 5 or so minutes everyone isn't huddled by the anni just waiting for the juice to come up. It's always bought, and it's always a clusterfuck of who is getting juice next? or who can buy it for the sole purpose of preventing the other team from getting it?

I'd rather see the assault/gunner more focused on the objective (not exactly the moneyball, but the push in) Right now it seems like it's to juice, kill them, and get the **** out and back to the juice machines.

It's funny because I felt back before we played so many privates, juice wasn't as influential in matches for some reason. **** vs GP wasn't a juice chain fest but a legit team game. That whole game I made my decisions off of my teammates decisions, and I think that's part of what chron's been talking about lately in regards to teams and this almost "pub private" matches we have had lately.