Help for complete noob. Leveling skills?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by hostesstwinky, December 26, 2011.

1. hostesstwinky

hostesstwinky New Member

Alright, I was playing practice to get used to the game and the only thing I couldn't figure out was how to level up skills. In the menu they say 1,2,3 etc. will level up skills or something but they didn't do anything when pressed. I played the first MNC on xbox and just recently got a pc so I don't know how to even play the game right. Anyway, if someone could just tell me how to level up skills so I don't waste too much time forgetting the obvious, I would be really grateful.
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

press b to open the skill menu

edit
    open the keybind menu and you can see what keys do what or change them to something else
  3. Fatal-Midget

Fatal-Midget Member

Now it's not, there was a sale so there are more players now. xbox has autoaim
  4. Zealot

Zealot New Member

WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG

also Gunked is a pretty girl don't talk to him like that
  5. muromets

muromets Member

as already stated press B to upgrade skills. Try pressing 1,2,3 or 4 to upgrade the skills since i find it a bit faster than using ur mouse.
    For assaults and tanks I find first upgrading skills 3 and 4 the most important. Read the description and you'll understand why.

For assassin and gunner skill 4 is most important since it gives the assassin a sword and the gunner a double minigun.

For support probably upgrades 1 & 2 since ur fire base will be able to deliver more damage and the hack will increase the range.

For snipers I think you should upgrade skills 2 or 4. Lvl 1 ice traps are pretty much useless so that why I upgrade them and the passive upgrade gives you penatrating bullets.

Hope that helps and remember dont upgrade ur skill in the open where players can get you, unless you know what to upgrade and you do it in a second! :D
  6. Zealot

Zealot New Member

holy **** thank you i thought it was idiotic that I couldn't clutch passive
  7. Fatal-Midget

Fatal-Midget Member

do not upgrade 4 as sniper, upgrade 1 and 2
  8. muromets

muromets Member

i dont know why you wouldnt upgrade passive since it gives you penatrating rounds and then exploding rounds.
    Unless you want to make it a challange then you might not want to upgrade them. But for noobs I would recommend upgrading those skills FIRST.
    I agree that flak is a very powerful tool.
  9. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Because if you upgrade the passive, it screws up the hitbox.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

So it's the same way on PC then... Good to know.
  11. ars0n1st

ars0n1st Member

I believe it is more to do with hit calculation and the 2 cylinder hitbox system for determining headshots.

Shot is fired, registers a hit on first cylinder exploding and showing the visual bloom indicator for a hit, and doing no damage as it did not register hitting the second box since damage calculations had already taken place.
  12. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I see.
  13. Fatal-Midget

Fatal-Midget Member