Uber live Monday August 30th, 4PM PST Post your questions!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, August 25, 2010.

1. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

Interested in playing us 6v6 at all Monday? Maybe even mixing the teams a bit :)
  2. WOOKiEKiLL

WOOKiEKiLL New Member

I am so down for this. It's really cool to see developers so involved with the evolution of their game. I am down for a match anytime, even if its just screwing around and having fun. I love this game, and anything I can do to help is my pleasure.
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

155000 units is not really a super success >.>
  4. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

For an Arcade game it is, particularly one featuring a new IP from a new developer.

Castle Crashers was at 250K after 3 weeks, and I believe that was probably one of the most successful Arcade launches to date.
  5. KazooieBanjo

KazooieBanjo New Member

Please, throughout the stream, talk about some interesting and unique tips for players.
  6. MeltsYurFace

MeltsYurFace New Member

Well, the number can only climb! We don't know what they were expecting sales wise but I doubt they are disappointed. It IS an XBLA game after all.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

New Ip and developer aside lets not forget about Battlefield 1943. BF1943 sold over 600,000 copies in 3 weeks. During the first week or so the game was basically unplayable due to lack of servers. Although it was released on both Xbla and PSN.
  8. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

Not really comparable...Any game with Battlefield in the title is going to sell well, especially a re-imagining of one of their most popular titles.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Are you looking at solving the backdooring issues in overtime? If so, what ideas are you working with?
  10. Frankie Godskin

Frankie Godskin New Member

155,000 * $15 = $2,325,000.

Microsoft keeps about half that, possibly a little more. Let's say Ube walks away with a million at this point.

Depending on development costs, they might be in the black.
  11. Obiwan Kenblomi

Obiwan Kenblomi New Member

Are there any changes in the works to make turrets and player-spawned-bots more involved other than just keeping players off the money ball till OT hits?

Are there any changes coming to the Overtime period or are you getting rid of it alltogether?

What is in the works for DLC? Will gameplay issues be fixed before the DLC is released to encourage us players with a "wait and see" attitude to buy the DLC?

With the success of the game have plans already been laid out for a MNC II?
  12. Polynomial

Shadow Complex did 1+ million.
  13. Obiwan Kenblomi

Obiwan Kenblomi New Member

Ok, so regardless - would you say MNC is in the top 10 so far for sales in the first weeks? Top 5 maybe? Top 20? Any of those would be regarded as a "super success" especially since sales keep coming well into the first year.

Not sure what bugged you about the poster saying the game was or has been a great sucess - but he's right.
  14. Polynomial

I want MNC to sell a bazillion units! I do! But 155000 units is not going recoup the investment made on this game. We don't even know the real number of sales anyways.
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

How abut we get this thread back on track? We're interested in your questions not sales speculations.
  16. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Are we due for more awesome game narration by our favorite announcer?
  17. Skyllus zYn

Skyllus zYn New Member

Can I get whoever does the announcer voice to leave my voice mail message?

Edit: I'm willing to trade.
  18. Chosen Predator

Chosen Predator New Member

Thinking about starcraft I got to wonder do you think MNC will always just be robots..or could it potentially be Alien creatures vs Robots (Sorta like bots)?
  19. WOOKiEKiLL

WOOKiEKiLL New Member

Aside from new maps which I'm sure everyone is going to ask for, I was wondering if there would be any new class/weapon introductions or upgrades? I've heard that team fortress 2 was doing something along those lines with their PC version, so I thought maybe something like that would help keep things fresh.
    One thing I've never seen from any game(aside from maybe Fallout 3) is achievement updates. For instance, you've already got the Pancake achievement then now you have to work on getting 5 kills while assisting a turret. Adds to players gamerscore and makes getting achievements more competitive among players.
  20. NotFrank

NotFrank New Member

New Maps:

-any new maps planned
    -any plan on asymmetric maps.

Gametypes:

-Defend the base type where you take turns defending then attacking.... like blitz only with pro's too.

Patches

-timeline for patch release.

Online Stats

-any hope of online stats?