DEADPOOL'S BIGASS ASSASSIN (AS WELL AS OTHER THINGS) Q AND A

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Deadpool FTW, December 4, 2011.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'm gonna hijack this thread a little with some of my tips/opinions. They're most likely the same as deadpools though.

Wildman, I feel juice as an assassin should be spammed as quickly as you use it, but what you do with it depends on the situation. My first juice I usually will push bots in one lane back to their base, juice hit both turrets, push bots in the opposite lane coming back to our base. You'll have juice left over and I use it to hopefully take out a few pros fighting for map control. I try to get whatever I can, but getting the tank, assassin, support gives your team a good chance to capatalize. Juice should still be used to take down re-built turrets, but I now focus on what I call the harrassment/distraction game. My whole style of play has me going from one lane to the next by the quickest means possible. If I can get both lanes past the midway point and fairly close enough to their ball they lose focus of map control and their awareness is effected. I'm able to then shuriuken and apply pressure from all over. As they're struggling to keep some distance in the lanes, I'll try to walk some bots in with juice. The assassin is effective, but not your best bet for getting bots in, but I always juice and clear a lane, switch sides clear that lane, then take out pro's who are in the way. Applying a lot of pressure early on gives you some room to go back grapple snipers that up top or what not.

Jay, I've fooled around with deadpools build and like it, but I may run Armor ROF Regen over it. Connection can come into play here, since I don't seem to frequently get sidesteps, or failed smokebombs as other people. I upgrade passive, wait then upgrade passive again. I can manage my lunges and dash well enough that I don't have to upgrade them.
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I also go with dash and passive at start. And bronze RoF all the way. You need to have SOME RoF, but I find Silver RoF to be outclassed by Health Recovery.
  3. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Does an overhealed gold armoured assault survive a back-grapple ? Same thing with Support / Passive 3 / Gold armour / Overheal ?
  4. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I think that only overhealed gold armor gunners and tanks with either silver or gold armor and passives 2 (for gold) and 3 (for silver) can live through that.

Interestingly enough, both assaults and supports will survive a back grapple with the dagger as long as they have gold armor.
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Perfect set up for a melee.
  6. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Just that I remember someone mentioning this and I couldn't remember if they said it was true or not :?
  7. joker

joker Active Member

from my experience as assassin (and even tank) unless you are desparately needed for a kill, or a kill is literally in your way of the objective, the harder you push the lane (yes even with juice) the better off your team is. if your tank/assassin/sniper press the lanes hard, even a bad situation can quickly turn good bc once the assassin dies, that team's focus will be to backup and A) kill the bots walking in or B) kill the person walking the bots in, which will do 1 of 2 things or likely both, 1. remove the pressure/map the enemy team had, 2. give you map control. i've witnessed this happen dozens of times, the better slaying team loses because they need to fall back a bit to help with bots and the other team pushes up and buys juice and never lets go of map control

main point: if you run the length of the lane with juice even just for bots the pressure will affect the enemy team. you will create a retreat because anywhere from 1-3 ppl to chase you into their own base
  8. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

I'll field this one, as I am OFFICIAL FORUM NUMBERS-NERD MAN.

Shut up I totally am. I don't see anyone else laying claim to the title.

An unarmored Support has 400 health. An unarmored Assault has 500. Bronze, Silver, and Gold Health Endorsements add 100, 200, and 300 health, respectively. An Assassin's Knife back-grapple will deal 700 damage. A Sword back-grapple deals 1000.

So yes. An overhealed, Gold-Armored Assault (1200 health) will survive a Sword back-grapple, with 200 health left to spare. An overhealed, Gold-Armored Support with Passive 1 or Passive 2 (1050 health) will survive one also, but with barely any health left to spare. An overhealed, Gold-Armored Support with Passive 3 (Passive 3 gives the Support +200 health, so he'd have 1350), will survive with 350 health left.

BEHOLD NUMBERS
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Thanks for the info :D You got some numbers wrong though (1050 + 200 =/= 1350) They still survive though so it doesn't matter too much.
  10. choiio

choiio New Member

So do I upgrade smokebomb 3 first? im quite new at the class.
    Also my current build is:
    Gold-reload speed: For shurikens (obiously).
    Silver: I was using armor (gay choice) but I just find that Crit Shots work wonders with your graples.
    Bronze-Juice: You get 1/16 of your juicebar when you spawn...AMAZING!! Specialy usefull in competitives. Demon Seed uses it.

So yeah just tell me if Im doing something wrong.
    Thanks
  11. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Don't EVER upgrade your skills. Instead, build Level 1 laser blazers EVERYWHERE! Don't upgrade them though, that would be a waste of money. Instead, wait for them to blow up and replace them again with laser blazers.

Hope this helped you :cool:
  12. choiio

choiio New Member

Well Im not a huge fan of lazo wazoss Ill rather built level 1 longshots so they can take car of bots from a far. And like you said upgrading is expensivee $$ so just keep em at level 1.
  13. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

LOTS of people taunt infront of the lazer blazers though, so you are garunteed an assist when they die :!:
  14. choiio

choiio New Member

Hope this helped you :cool:[/quote]

Well Im not a huge fan of lazo wazoss Ill rather built level 1 longshots so they can take car of bots from a far. And like you said upgrading is expensivee $$ so just keep em at level 1.[/quote]
    LOTS of people taunt infront of the lazer blazers though, so you are garunteed an assist when they die :!:[/quote]

So true...Thanks so much!! switching up my stategy. OOHH BABYY
  15. crimsonautumn

crimsonautumn Active Member

^^
    lrn2quote.
  16. meat

meat New Member

Chollo is bad at MNC.
  17. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

18. meat

meat New Member

Didn't know Sir Ekanaut still cared about the 360 forums.
  19. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

It's his job to care.

Also, there is a lot to be learned about the Assassin from this thread.
  20. pree3z

pree3z New Member

i get the impression he's bad at most things