3rd level sniper traps draining skill?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Tango217, August 24, 2010.

1. Tango217

Tango217 New Member

I noticed that on the strategy section of the sniper in the game says that a 3rd level freeze trap will drain players skill. How does this actually work? Does the other player have one of his skills dropped a number?
  2. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

no it saps the actual energy consumed to use your ability's eg. u trap a assassin they cant use there jump right away to get away = easy kill
  3. Tango217

Tango217 New Member

Ahhh gotcha thanks
  4. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

no probs
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yea, it doesn't drain the skills level but it will drain the ability, restarting the cooldown period.
  6. monmaker

monmaker Active Member

What a lvl 3 trap does is make an assassin tantamount to useless in killing a sniper with 3 well placed traps. if an assassin gets caught in one, then say goodbye to your Cloak, Smoke, Dash, Slash, Grapple, and more then likely, your head. god help you if there are two snipers in one spot with six traps down.
  7. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

buahahahahaha nuff said really :D
  8. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

Yeah, god forbid the Assassin remembers her ranged weapon.
  9. xCOLONEL QUESOx

xCOLONEL QUESOx New Member

Traps usually aren't that hard to see or get around. The only time good assassins seem to get caught in them is when they get a little to jumpy about the kill.
  10. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Rofl, Most the time i don't have a problem sneaking around traps, but did you.. just say ranged wep? That wep does little to no damage to a moving target, as its the hardest to aim of any class. And no sniper will just stand still when taking damage..
  11. Myrick

Myrick New Member

brb thinking about whether to respond to poor poster.

Yeah, so shooting a sniper with shuriken (when you have level 3 cloak, assuming you do since they have level 3 trap) they are automatically critical hits. Most snipers are also poor snipers and fail to move when aiming, so the two clips can usually be fired before they can react. If you miss a lot, that's just you sucking at the game. You have to lead shots with the shuriken launcher, so it takes skill. And if you don't get the kill, it can force the sniper to move where he doesn't have the advantage of pre-placed freeze traps and he has low health. You have now gained the advantage.

Think before posting plz.
  12. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Sigh sigh sigh.. i cant believe you just basically called me out saying im a bad player.. did you read before YOU posted.. i said i don't have problems with snipers, and i DO know how to use the Shuriken launcher, i actually have quite a few kills with them killing sniper.. i was speaking on behalf of other assassins.. And most snipers are poor snipers, but once you encounter a good sniper, depending if theyre GOOD, an Assassin will usually never get the chance to kill them. Snipers don't bother me one bit, even if they're good or bad. Just gotta know how to handle them, which most assassins don't.
  13. DelVega

DelVega New Member

Well, the bottom line is if both the assassin and the sniper are equally skilled, the sniper simply has the advantage with his freeze traps. The assassin has no way to disable them. Period.

The shuriken launcher CAN pull of a kill on a stationary sniper. But lets be honest, its easy for a decent player to dodge.

We're not saying its impossible to kill a sniper. Just that with the traps, he has an inherit advantage.