Limiting the Support's healgun

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Just King, August 24, 2010.

1. Just King

Just King New Member

Almost any match versing a Support I've played I've found them camping an unseen corner while consistently over-healing their Firebase and letting their turret rack up kill after kill. Unless you have half your team with you to take out their Firebase, chances are you'll die almost instantly if you dwell near the turret's firing radius. What I suggest to get rid of the Support camping their Firebases (or any turrets of any kind) is to make the Support's heal gun either have a cool down or have ammo that takes a considerable time to reload. If this could be used to update the Support, I believe games would be a whole lot more frustrating and be more centered around 'Combat' as the game's title suggests.

What does everyone think?
  2. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

The only thing I would change about the heal gun is the range. It extends a little too far for my liking. But as for taking out Firebases, I would suggest either the Gunner or Sniper. Gunner has the grenade launcher that does quite a bit of damage and can usually overpower the healing effect of the Support. Sniper has flak and explosive shots (with level 3 passive). The flak is great against turrets and and you will have two AoE attacks hitting the Firebase so there is a good chance you will kill or scare off the Support as he takes damage, too.
  3. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

My opinion on the Hurt Gun (as posted elsewhere) would be for it to be like UT2004's Link Gun. Heal part seeks out users, Hurt part is just a straight line, limited range continuous beam weapon, like Tank's flamer.
  4. Muttly2001

Muttly2001 New Member

Healgun is fine. The amount of healing it does is greatly shadowed by the damage output of pros. For example, If you are healing a kamikaze gunner healing him only prolongs his life a few seconds..if that. My turrets get taken out all the time by snipers, mortars, grenades, etc while I am healing it. If someone is determined to take something out they will..me healing it will only provide a few crucial seconds to possibly get the kill.

If you keep getting killed by a camping support try another strategy..charge, bomb, airstrike, snipe, etc.