So why isn't this game free to play yet?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by battletoads, October 20, 2011.

1. battletoads

battletoads New Member

When you log onto the master server and there are only ten people online in the world, it poses a bit of a problem...

I haven't seen any new players in months, so I doubt Uber has anything to lose on the game at this point.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

this thread is off topic and will most likely be locked.
  3. Memorable

Memorable New Member

Not at all.
  4. teapot

don't get me wrong I think its a good question, I'm just preparing him.

also the rules have changed
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

[​IMG] ?
  6. teapot

lol that's about as much as the mods want to help you battletoads, any questions?
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Only somebody from Uber can answer the question. I'm not an Uber employee so...

But maybe I can help you Teapot? You seem the be in distress. If you need a shoulder to cry on feel free to contact me via PM - day or night!
  8. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Don't you have an xbox? (Yes I know this is the PC section) >5k weekly players and no problem finding matches :p And the 360 forums are alot less lonely. I've only played a handful of PC MNC matches and then went straight back to xbox.
  9. teapot

I would totally take that offer up Jessup, except for the notorious fact that PM's and posts go completely disregarded around these parts.

It certainly is a nice gesture of you, but I'll save myself the trouble of dealing with someone else's word that isn't true.

if only those rules changed.
  10. battletoads

battletoads New Member

If you are referring to that tissue box, then I have three things to say. Firstly, it was one of the most appropriate and hilarious posts I've seen in a while. Secondly, it was directed at you. Thirdly, I don't need to be "prepared" for anything. If a mod deletes my post I won't get butthurt about it like you, which is why the tissue box was posted to begin with.

L2Read, basically...
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

battletoads,

We've been really busy with Super MNC Beta but will be doing some price adjustments on classic MNC soon.
  12. teapot

god battletoads you are so right. that tissue box was directed towards me??? NO WAY! Anyway welcome to the forums, where you'll see plenty of those tissue box posts, just like most other video game forums. Who said anything about deleting posts? kinda makes the l2read thing ironic.

eka, do you guys plan on doing anything with the 360 price? do you guys count how many people purchased the game in the last 2-3 months? I notice more and more new players everyday.
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We did some sales on 360 recently and more to come, that's probably why you're seeing more people.
  14. teapot

can you guys advertise on the 360 dashboard? I think I've seen it in the past.

advertise here as well when you put these on sale.
  15. bro1016

bro1016 New Member

I saw 3 servers with 3-6 people on each team this morning at 4-7am United States Central time. Just takes some initiative.

Saw some new people in those servers too. One of them, had trouble remembering which buttons do what, I told him plug in an XBox controller as long as he doesn't try to snipe, and he should have less trouble memorizing what does what. I also warned him that once he got it down to move it to a mouse-keyboard and try using that because its easier to aim and move.

He was only using assassin anyway, so using a controller wasn't a bad idea imho. I wanted to remind him to focus on bots, but he mainly was focusing on them already since the PC has better botflow going on. Just stay away from tanks :shock: :?
  16. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Why? If you're good it's fine, but if a good sniper is on the other team you're kind of screwed.