Balanced Teams?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by ShadowHunter77, July 2, 2011.

1. ShadowHunter77

ShadowHunter77 New Member

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted as I recently just started playing again and wanted to see what you thought about how the game balances teams.

I've been playing again the last few weeks and have found teams to regularly be even more unbalanced than when I left several months ago (due to a poor gameplay experience, yet I keep coming back hopeful). I'm not big into stats and don't know what the best measure of balanced teams are, but I figured I'd keep track of K/D spread for several games while I played today.

During 6 games, I recorded the K/D spread of whoever was still playing when the moneyball was at 25% for either team, then summed the spreads and compared them between teams (and yes i know there are lots of other variables but stay with me here). In every game I played, the winning team had at least a +20 K/D spread with a max of a +49 K/D spread. I also checked out the best players on each team and compared the difference between their spreads. I found that the best player on the winning team always had at least a +7 better K/D spread than the best player on the losing team. However, since that was the min, the max was as hi as +22.

Yes, again, I know there is room for error. It's a single day, during a single afternoon, and there are people who get paid to look into stuff like this. BUT (and this is a really huge but), I'm a simple gamer. I like balanced teams. If every game I play, one team just destroys another team, I know that isn't balanced. If the best player on my team is double-digits short of the best player on the other team, that isn't balanced. This is a part of why I stopped playing previously, because teams always felt uneven, and you either have a game that lasts 5 minutes or a a game that lasts 16 minutes, but either way you don't feel like either team has the same chance to win.

I have no clue how many players currently play, what time of day is best to play, or how the game currently matches players with teams. What I do know is that things don't feel right. If I'm on a team getting destroyed, both teams are down a player and a new person who is level 99 joins only to go to the other team, something isn't right. It ruins the play experience and drives away not only new players, but current ones as well. Halo figured out how to make it work, as did CoD MW. It's a vital part of any multiplayer game, and I still don't see Uber having it.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It's a fact that the matchmaking is jacked up. Hopefully with the next update it'll be sorted out.
  3. Cao Lee Hyu

Cao Lee Hyu New Member

I want to agree with what's being said here about balanced teams. Although I didn't go as numerically in depth as ShadowHunter77. It's pretty blatant when you see the lineup prior to the match beginning. Alot of the more experienced people are placed on the same team. I had noticed this when I was playing today me and another person were the only two players with protags in the session but yet we were put on the same team against a group that didn't have protags at all and we weren't even in a xbox live party we were just randomly playing. This isn't the only time it's happened and believe me being on the losing end of this sort of thing is no fun at all. Although sometimes the other team will surprise you, but for the most part pitting experienced vs inexperienced doesn't create a good time for the losing team and due to the unbalance will cause many people to turn away from the game.
  4. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

The team splits are probably the biggest threat to mnc's long-term viability.

I may get one decent team split every 10 rounds or so. Being a bouncer, I usually get put on teams with other prestiged players against a group of noobs. This sucks. Not really much fun steamrolling a bunch of fresh players. I dont much care for spawn-camping and rarely make a trip to the enemy spawn ring before overtime. I usually just end up supporting teammates, rounding up any try-hard assassins that sneak out and farmimg bots.

While this is an easy way to get wins, it's not fun. It certainly isn't fun for the poor bastards trapped in their base. I sure as hell wouldn't feel like playing a game where I'm consistently outmatched. What are we supposed to do though? Just because I'm not spawn-camping doesnt mean I can talk my teammates into backing off and letting the enemy have a chance. It shouldn't be an issue. It's just SO broken. I mean some of the splits are laughable.
  5. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Immortal303 is the best MNC player in history.
  6. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Hellyeah! Light My Pyre, trying HARD to get the to the top of the Immortal fan club.

U've got a loooooong way to go Pyre. Lots of people here are HUGE Immortal fans.

You keep trying though, someday u might be worthy. :lol:
  7. Laser Dragon

Laser Dragon New Member

how many are there? you must be really good if people suck up to you like that pire guy.
  8. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Light my Pyre, Wildman, and Tom #'s are all currently trolling every post of mine they can find.

Apparently, you gain parasites as you make valid points in the forums. True, I've hurt all their feelings at some point :( , but they deserved it. Apparently, since they can't focus long enough to actually write something, they just follow me around and post the same stuff after my posts. I think they find it funny or something, but I see it as a testament to how mad they are. Seriously, they must be pissed! :lol:
  9. the_feedle

the_feedle New Member

a balanced team to me is one of each class.. when people finally realize this then pubs might be fun.. thats why i enjoyed custom pubs 1 of each class..
  10. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

But you can't get a "balanced" team if you're playing with a party of 6.
  11. dredd

dredd Member

With the ability to get 6 "Good" players and jumpinto or make a loby there is no Team ballancce many of the classes are OP and wont be ballanced so all in all...MNC? ballanced HA...... :lol: HAHAHAHAHHAHHA